First Ride - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 03-07-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Ride

Well after 5 weeks of ownership, I finally got in my first ride on the XX today. It has been several months since I last went riding, and over the winter I have gotten out of shape . The first part of the trail was fairly rocky, and though I could still feel the rocks, the jarring and shaking wasn't there. The quad seems to stay more level and planted than I remember the Raptor being. I do agree about the sprocket, as in the rocks and any technical situation it tended to stall. The ground clearance is amazing - I hardly ever bottomed out, and only the largest loose rocks pointing up would hit. I actually went straight through some rutted muddy areas that would have stuck the ol' Rappy. The power is great, has great torque and is downright feisty in some situations. By the end of the day, I was getting more comfortable and riding harder, and it seems like the harder you ride it, the better the suspension works! Overall I think this is a great woods machine, and is better suited to my riding style and the terrain. Very happy

Last edited by 700woodsrider; 03-08-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the club!! You're going to find yourself going for the most nasty things you can try to climb or get through now. I know I do. The 13t sprocket is the single best thing I have done so far. The trails I ride here in SC are VERY rutted and technical and before the 13t I would stall in the most inappropriate place. My 400EX didn't stand a chance on the trails I was on today. What was extremely funny was that there was a traffic jam on one of the trails and these big 4x4 guys were turning around or going around this place they were all getting stuck. It was a very steep but sort of short rutted out mess with the slipperiest mud I have ever seen. It took me 3 tries to get up it but I did it. It was all about speed cuz I had the ground clearance. Made me feel good and I'm sure the guys on the big 'ol humpty dumpty 4x4's felt pretty lame. My gf even got through it on her Wolverine 450. BUt she cheated and put it on 4wd

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black

Last edited by THREESVTS; 03-07-2009 at 09:02 PM.
post #3 of 23 Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM

Yeah, the XX definitely seems to like to get pushed hard. The harder you ride it, the better it performs. She likes to be ridden hard and put away DIRTY!

post #4 of 23 Old 03-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
The more I ride this quad the more I love it. Going from a straight axle to IRS was weird at first. I hit a step up jump at our track yesterday and overshot the landing, its in the video I posted. I hit the jump right before the deer in the video. The quad handled it with no issues at all. This a very comfortable, fast quad. Every time I get off of it I can't wait to ride it again!
post #5 of 23 Old 12-11-2009, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For a long time, thought my 400EX was one of the best bike on the trails until I purchase my 700 and now there's no way I would go back to the 400, it's like going from VW to Cadillac especially after I installed some Elka front shocks

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #6 of 23 Old 01-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Hi. Im new here and am seriously thinking of buying a xx very soon. I keep reading reveiws all over the web on the xx and it sounds like an amazing machine. But what i cant figure out is why when I talk to people in person that most of them have been telling me not to buy one?
post #7 of 23 Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Because they have not tried one yet.
I have stated before this is one of the most underestimated quad Honda will ever produce and one of there best.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 23 Old 01-09-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xx08 View Post
Hi. Im new here and am seriously thinking of buying a xx very soon. I keep reading reveiws all over the web on the xx and it sounds like an amazing machine. But what i cant figure out is why when I talk to people in person that most of them have been telling me not to buy one?
I agree with Bax, Most who bash it never seen one on the trail.

$tock

"Fonda Don't Have a motor in the back of her HONDA" - Sir Mix-a-Lot
post #9 of 23 Old 01-09-2010, 04:10 PM

I too was in doubt in getting this bike because of negative press and people saying how bad it handled... Well they are pure idiots this thing is awesome and handles great I don't even notice any body roll. The last ride I was on I saw three 700's and thought Hmmm I like the idea of the independent suspension especially in the woods which it 90% of my riding so after lurking around here for a few months and reading review after review whether it be negative or not I decided to pull the trigger on Dec 31st and get one, and I am very glad I did !
post #10 of 23 Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM

don't let the ideas of a few dumb ass's sway your decision. this thing is a monster. hands down the best trail bike i have EVER ridden. if you were local i'd let you ride mine so you can make up your own mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode