User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-07-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
EHS controller/Hot cam stage 3

I installed the hot cam stage 3 yesterday. The install was extremely easy given this cam is drop in and doesn't involve changing springs. I called Eric at EHS this morning for help changing my settings on the EHS fuel controller. Eric, even though very busy was extremely patient and helpfull over the phone and helped me dial in the fuel settings. I took the xx over to a friends and was extremely happy with the results. For just dropping in a cam and doing nothing else this was a nice step for people on a budget. I'm liking the power gains, I rip through gears faster. Anyone worried that the stage 3 will kill you on the bottom end without the high comp piston do not need to worry at all. I had no issues lugging the motor and it pulls hard. Definitely a nice step towards more power. Thanks to Eric for great customer service!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Good deal im glad u got it handled after i talked to you i finally decided i was going to make a video to explain how to adjust the controllers i have to have that convo about 5times a week lol

post #3 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHSRACING View Post
Good deal im glad u got it handled after i talked to you i finally decided i was going to make a video to explain how to adjust the controllers i have to have that convo about 5times a week lol
A video in the how to section would be an awesome idea, Pictures/Video are usually understood better than written or spoken instructions lol

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Haha, sorry about that Eric. When you had me write down each color and what stage they were it made everything very clear. It really is extremely easy to adjust, I just needed it spelled out for me. Slow learning curve, sorry. The xx ran awesome but I'm still going to break it down again to check the valve lash one last time.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Cheers for the review. HC 3 is something , I was thinking about next.
Unless Eric has something better for a stock head and the Big 3 ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-08-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

I know Eric's custom grind cam is more aggressive and requires uprgraded springs. I think the Hot Cams are the only cams you can just drop in and not worry about upgraded springs. I glad Eric did this, I was looking for power but not ready to do a full build. In areas where I was usually in 3rd gear I found myself cooking along in 4th. I'd like to race my friend's built raptor(11:1 piston, stage 2 hot cam, pcIII, K&N intake and barkers duals) again and see where this puts me.

post #7 of 9 Old 07-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
I know Eric's custom grind cam is more aggressive and requires uprgraded springs. I think the Hot Cams are the only cams you can just drop in and not worry about upgraded springs. I glad Eric did this, I was looking for power but not ready to do a full build. In areas where I was usually in 3rd gear I found myself cooking along in 4th. I'd like to race my friend's built raptor(11:1 piston, stage 2 hot cam, pcIII, K&N intake and barkers duals) again and see where this puts me.
I have the EHS controller and a Hotcams stage 2... might have to upgrade to the stage 3 now to keep up with the youngsters!

Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where you’re at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
post #8 of 9 Old 07-10-2011, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
Thanks for the answer, I also wasn't looking for the springs/rockers upgrade with the cam change.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

I raced that built Raptor today and learned some interesting things. We raced from a dead stop on the street for about an 1/8 mile. I launched in second gear and it was hard with all the traction to rip out of the hole hard and not flip the bike over on myself. The combination of his high comp piston and smaller stage 2 cam seemed to give him a lot more low end power than my stock comp piston and stage 3 cam. Once we were moving and in the upper rpm range he wasn't pulling. I lost by 2 lengths both times compared to the 4+ previously. If we raced in dirt where I could spin the tires out of the hole it would be a different race. His set up worked much better on the street since his motor would spool up faster. Not sure if this is making sense to you guys. Bottom line, the cam makes good high end power but the lack of compression hurt on the road. In the dirt where I can launch like an animal in higher rpm range would be a different story. When we make a trip out to black river falls I'll get us racing on video.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode