armorall original on plastics!!!! - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 Old 11-25-2011, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use some pledge, the spray can that smells like oranges. Works pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just catching up on old posts and glad I ran across this one. I need something to do this winter and detailing my XX might be the ticket. So far I have heard of SC1, Armor All, 303 and Fabreez. Has any one tried regular car wax or am I just thinking backwards on this?
post #13 of 36 Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM

Silicone products like Armour all will work good on short term but will whiten with years. Now black is black and on whatever it is it's a pain to keep looking good. What happens when your plastics whiten well you just put more stuff on it !!!! I find for me personally after 3 years it's time to change the plastics all around but on the XX that gets expensive compared to the 400ex or 450r so they just might stay whiten !!!!

Honda's #1 baby!!!!!!!!!

post #14 of 36 Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster View Post
Just catching up on old posts and glad I ran across this one. I need something to do this winter and detailing my XX might be the ticket. So far I have heard of SC1, Armor All, 303 and Fabreez. Has any one tried regular car wax or am I just thinking backwards on this?
For some reason your not supposed to use regular car wax on quads. Armor all leaves it tacky, I've been using this, you can find it at like Wal*mart for $4.00 It works good on car interiors too, which is what it's made for.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...eg-protectant/

After that i also use the SC1. I've also herd and read in Polaris manuals to just use Pledge furniture polish. Here's what the Mequiars did to my old Scrambler, and its not wet or tacky to the touch.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 36 Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 AM

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...eg-protectant/

I have been using Meguiars Dash&Trim Foam. It works awesome! It came in a full care kit and I haven't been able to find it sold seperately. I bet its the same as your suggestion just in a spray instead of foam.

Gonna give it a try. Thanks for the tip M Quick.
post #16 of 36 Old 08-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
I might be willing to try the turtle wax ice on a quad. It says it works on all surfaces. I will post up after I try it, I might clean the new 200 up and try it on it. And take some before and after pictures. But for now I need to finish the long needed maintenance.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 36 Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I might be willing to try the turtle wax ice on a quad. It says it works on all surfaces. I will post up after I try it, I might clean the new 200 up and try it on it. And take some before and after pictures. But for now I need to finish the long needed maintenance.

Yeah... that stuff may work. I have a spray wax somewhere on hand. I did my truck with it and it worked well. I can't remember if its all surfaces safe. I will have to go find it.
post #18 of 36 Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Well, I just went out and polished my plastics with Meguires Ultimate Spray Wax. It states to use it on plastic, paint, headlights etc. It goes on easy and brings out some shine.
Here's the problem though, it gives the plastics a huge static charge. For this reason I feel its not a good choice. I ride very dry & dusty conditions. Having a bunch of powdered stone dust collecting on my plastic is just gonna expedite micro scratching.
I used an old orange cotton tshirt to apply and buff. There is orange lint all over it and it won't wipe off. Clings like a magnet. Guess I will have to go wash my clean quad now. lol
post #19 of 36 Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeXX View Post
Thats good because I usually use plexus but SC1 is five bucks cheaper so I figured why not give it a try
sc1 shines alot better but makes it tacky and dust sticks to it, plexus cleans better than sc1 but doesnt shine as well.
http://www.originalbikespirits.com/p...leaner-polish/
we use this for all the machines on our floor for sale kind of in between sc1 and plexus as far as the shine. and it actually works awesome for mounting tires if you ever do that
post #20 of 36 Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM

SC-1 all the way for me.

A 4.0 ****ing liter Straight six, A box full of hollow points and lord willing a gd twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode