Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Please explain why people are getting 10in wheels

5K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 ·
I see a lot of people on here talking about 10in wheels. Can someone tell me why is it worth it to get 10in Wheels in the rear and I heard there is some offset you have to get for them. I am still new to all of this.

Thank you

#2 ·
the stock wheels are 11" and therefore the choice of tyre available is very limited as 11" is a very odd size.
10" wheels are so much more common and therefore lots of choice with what type of rear tyre you want to run..
The offset is so that the hub and a-arms at the rear do not scrape on the inside of the wheel..

#3 ·
Soul-train,

If you ride tight terrain, I'd stay with the 11" factory off set of 5/3. I know I will most likely be switching back to 11's next time around.

#7 · (Edited)
my 10's with the GBC 22x11x10's measure 51" from outside side wall to outside side wall. I like the ride, and the tire's. But for some reason, someone plants a lot of tree's close together and near the trails where I ride.

#9 ·
Changing to 10" ?

Cheapest way to gain some width on the rear. 11" rears are overated. 10" rear rims are cheaper ,tyre selection is unlimited. Too wide , most trails in the US are 50" , I can run 8" rears under 50". The only rims that can't do that are 9" rims, there 53". Also a 20x11x10 on a 10x7 rim @12 psi is the same size as a 22x9x11 Kutter.

I have 2 pairs of 22x9x11 Kenda Kutters and a pair of OMF 11" beades, only ones this side of the big pond. Waste of time ,money and energy !

#11 ·
Wider quad will handle better. With the offset being 4x3 you will also loose some outer CV boot protection.

#13 ·
I'm running 22's front and rear. And to be honest I've only been upper 40's maybe 50 with the new tires, low to mid 4th gear. I didn't get out on the main road yet with them. The tires seamed fine thou and these speeds.

#15 ·
Soul train, I was where you are last month, 10's or 11's. Everything everybody says about either is true. I personally choose the 11's cause honda originally did, and quick helped me with the same details he told you above. Sucks that you have two tire choices but I ride rocks and tight trails so a couple inches might have affected me. Just my two cents. Also sounds like you could offer Baxter some loot and come out with a good deal on combo haha. I just spent way to much on omf beads and razr's but I wanted them so bad. Good luck!

#17 ·
Post number 9

#18 · (Edited)
Rocky Mountain is what I just did, got 2 razrII fronts and 2 razr rears for $424 delivered. I used da girls Info from the sticky. I will explain better tomorrow. Thanks

#23 ·
The first 2 pics was with the L8ton on. The rest are old pics with standard swaybar. Run the 11/16" L8ton on all the races I did this year. Keeping meaning to swap to the stocker for comparison but the L8ton is growing on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.