Can I beat a cr250r - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The cr250 was a 2001 I think. The only bike I ever lost to was a crf450 and jeez those things are insane mean as are any of the 450 bikes....Wow..... My kfx wasn't the normal though. I'll upload a vid of the 250's I gave head starts. That was with my kfx a 730 big bore with stage 3 custom grind cams not hotcams. They were both new bikes like 07+. I don't see a 250r beating any fourstroke with some umphhh off the line as they don't have the bottom end like a fourstroke does. If anything it shines more on topend.

Only thing I have raced on the 700xx was an ltr450 on the highway, I wasn't ready and he jumped me out of the hole by 2-3 bikes. By 4th I was back by him 1.5 to 2 bikes. I was surprised. Thought he would beat me pretty good. Not the case.

I'll see if I can find some of my old drag racing vids. I have an old computer with 100's of vids on it but the motherboard crashed so I gotta fix it or get a usb adapter for the hard drive so I can get my files back.

A 4.0 ****ing liter Straight six, A box full of hollow points and lord willing a gd twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Cool, I would like to see them. The 450s are insane. You apparently have not ridden any of the race 250 2-strokes. Suzuki and Honda had crazy low end and midrange power. I have no problems with dead stop, 2nd gear starts on mine. The Kawasakis had their power in the midrange on up. Don't get me wrong, I would not trade my 700xx for anything, but cc vs. cc, 2-strokes are more powerful than 4-strokes are. They just don't like to be lugged around. Even that is changing with the modern 2-stroke bikes.

TRX700XX
KFX700
TRX250EX
85 ATC250R
post #13 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Yeah 2 strokes by general rule used to be it would take almost double cc's on a fourstroke to be close to even. Not anymore. I don't know of any 250 2 smoker that would hang with a 450 4 stroke. They are just crazy from bottom to top. Ole 2 smokers are a dying breed whether they like it or not.

A 4.0 ****ing liter Straight six, A box full of hollow points and lord willing a gd twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.

post #14 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 10:18 PM

You need to find a few machines to ride. Only then will you understand what I am saying. Dying breed? I am not so sure anymore. Check out the offerings in the off-road two wheeled world. They are increasing in popularity and there is also talk of fuel injection. Yes, fuel injection on 2-strokes. It will be interesting to see what happens considering emissions have been substantially decreased. As I said before, I have both, both are fun, but I greatly prefer the convenience of having a 4-stroke. Now if anybody released a big bore 2-stroke, like the LT500, I might reconsider.

TRX700XX
KFX700
TRX250EX
85 ATC250R
post #15 of 36 Old 11-09-2013, 03:12 AM

I have rode many two smokers just don't like them at all. I've rode many 125's and 250's. Not a two stroke fan and never will be. That's all.

post #16 of 36 Old 11-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Why did you get rid of you KFX? I really love my wife's. When she doesn't want to ride, I still take hers with me. I installed some TRX450R front shocks on it and am very eager to try it out. The old setup was way too stiff. By the way, did you ever have issues with it road walking? The steering was so sensitive that it wanted to follow any little rut or deviation. I did check the front end and everything was tight so I installed a steering stabilizer and it helped tremendously. Just wanted to know if this was common.

TRX700XX
KFX700
TRX250EX
85 ATC250R
post #17 of 36 Old 11-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Why did you get rid of you KFX? I really love my wife's. When she doesn't want to ride, I still take hers with me. I installed some TRX450R front shocks on it and am very eager to try it out. The old setup was way too stiff. By the way, did you ever have issues with it road walking? The steering was so sensitive that it wanted to follow any little rut or deviation. I did check the front end and everything was tight so I installed a steering stabilizer and it helped tremendously. Just wanted to know if this was common.

I just got burned out on the V's. I had 3 of them at one time. I just ate and breathed them for too long. Had some fun with them though.

Sounds like your toe needs tweek'd if it's kind of darting like that. They will do it if out just a little bit.

post #18 of 36 Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTapXX View Post
The cr250 was a 2001 I think. The only bike I ever lost to was a crf450 and jeez those things are insane mean as are any of the 450 bikes....Wow..... My kfx wasn't the normal though. I'll upload a vid of the 250's I gave head starts. That was with my kfx a 730 big bore with stage 3 custom grind cams not hotcams. They were both new bikes like 07+. I don't see a 250r beating any fourstroke with some umphhh off the line as they don't have the bottom end like a fourstroke does. If anything it shines more on topend.

Only thing I have raced on the 700xx was an ltr450 on the highway, I wasn't ready and he jumped me out of the hole by 2-3 bikes. By 4th I was back by him 1.5 to 2 bikes. I was surprised. Thought he would beat me pretty good. Not the case.

I'll see if I can find some of my old drag racing vids. I have an old computer with 100's of vids on it but the motherboard crashed so I gotta fix it or get a usb adapter for the hard drive so I can get my files back.
I haven't had mine long enough to do too many races. Mines stock and I beat a banshee ( the guy couldn't shift worth a crap he just sucked ) a couple 4x4 quads and won a Couple 125 dirtbikes smoked em and the best one was some Mexican on a general lee moped
post #19 of 36 Old 11-09-2013, 08:36 PM

Wow Tony, it sounds like your pretty desperate for some races. DoubleTap, should it be adjusted in or out?

TRX700XX
KFX700
TRX250EX
85 ATC250R
post #20 of 36 Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Wow Tony, it sounds like your pretty desperate for some races. DoubleTap, should it be adjusted in or out?
I can't remember. I always adjusted until it handled the best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode