User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 Old 11-10-2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Wow Tony, it sounds like your pretty desperate for some races. DoubleTap, should it be adjusted in or out?
Just tryin to have some fun man too late in the season for trail riding in michigan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 PM

Garage
Hey there. My bro in law has an 04crf250 4-stroke that he raced motocross with. I smoked him off the line launching in both first and second depending on the surface. Second on gravel to keep wheel spin down. First in most all other terrain. Off the line I got him but he caught me however I reeled him in in fifth gear and passed him and I was pulling away but he was bouncing off the rev limiter. Just race him on a gravel road where you can wind the xx up. Practice your launching and bang the gears hard and you should be able to take him most of the time.
post #23 of 36 Old 11-14-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdenkush View Post
Hey there. My bro in law has an 04crf250 4-stroke that he raced motocross with. I smoked him off the line launching in both first and second depending on the surface. Second on gravel to keep wheel spin down. First in most all other terrain. Off the line I got him but he caught me however I reeled him in in fifth gear and passed him and I was pulling away but he was bouncing off the rev limiter. Just race him on a gravel road where you can wind the xx up. Practice your launching and bang the gears hard and you should be able to take him most of the time.
That's kind of what I was thinking there is dirt roads all around me and they just graded all of them. His is a 2 stroke though. He swears he's gunna beat me by a mile but he also tells me he has never topped his bike out and he would be afraid to it is so fast. I know what my machine can do so I'm ready to race him anytime!

Flint Michigan Vehicle City!

post #24 of 36 Old 11-15-2013, 08:06 PM

Garage
Let him talk the xx should take him in the long races. Like I say get a good launch and make a little distance then just stay pinned the whole time. A two stroke will get to speed quick then top out. Plus if he's never topped it out yet chances are he's a little scared and won't push too hard. I wouldn't put the pink slip on the race but the xx should hand any 250 a loss or two. 2 or 4stroke. Again if you got a couple miles use a couple miles. Oh also a dirt bike is gonna roost hard so where a deflector. I learned the hard and sore way.
post #25 of 36 Old 11-15-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdenkush View Post
Let him talk the xx should take him in the long races. Like I say get a good launch and make a little distance then just stay pinned the whole time. A two stroke will get to speed quick then top out. Plus if he's never topped it out yet chances are he's a little scared and won't push too hard. I wouldn't put the pink slip on the race but the xx should hand any 250 a loss or two. 2 or 4stroke. Again if you got a couple miles use a couple miles. Oh also a dirt bike is gonna roost hard so where a deflector. I learned the hard and sore way.
He has told me he is afraid of it. It's got a powercore slip on and a gold series header. I have a powercore 4 and uni filter and that's it. For now anyways. He said his is geared for racing so if so he prolly tops out around 70 I would guess.

Flint Michigan Vehicle City!
post #26 of 36 Old 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM

Garage
Yeah if it's geared then he will get there quick but like you say probably tops out at around 70. Yeah if I can do that against a 4-stroke and I'm all stock you should take him. Also my bro in laws bike has racing launch control in the front forks to keep the front down. I doubt your buddy has them so he will be fighting to keep the front down on the launch that's where you have to make up space. Then he will blow by you but stay on the gas hard and you will start catching in high fourth gear and pull on him in fifth.
post #27 of 36 Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
IMO, It doesn't really matter if he does take you. His bike weighs 300 lbs less so he has a major weight advantage. Race a 250r quad on the other hand and you should take the W all day long. I'm not saying that you won't win, just that I wouldn't bet the wife on it. Also since your new to the bike I figured I would let you know the way I find the xx to be fastest. Start in second and sort shift into 3rd and somewhat into 4th and ride it out from there. It's not a high Rev motor and if you rev the shit out of it in 1st-3rd you are wasting time. Good luck and gets some videos if you can

Last edited by Jmm24; 11-16-2013 at 06:52 AM.
post #28 of 36 Old 11-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't be surprise if the 250r wins this one, if he his slightly modded you screwed.

Mods: Razors in the back cutters in front. Honda Racing nerf bars. CCP steering stabilizer. Elka Stage 1 up front. PC3 with KnN filter and Lexx slipon.
post #29 of 36 Old 11-16-2013, 05:25 PM

250r shouldn't win.

A 4.0 ****ing liter Straight six, A box full of hollow points and lord willing a gd twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.
post #30 of 36 Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 PM

My Buddy has one you should beat him till about 3rd gear just because dirt bikes are real squirrely outa the hole I have the big3 he has reeds and pipe I can only beat him till 3rd gear then he creeps around me

2009 700xx
barkers full pipe,ehs programmer,uni filter,no lid
PADDLES--skat trak haulers 22 11 10 8 paddle
1989 yamaha banshee
not stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
80hp
paddles skat trak haulers 22 11 8 14 paddle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode