Can I beat a cr250r - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I beat a cr250r

My buddy wants to race my xx. Mine is bone stock and his 94 2 stroke cr250r is pretty modded from what he says. Who thinks the xx can beat him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
those two strokes rip especially modded and the dirtbike weighs half as much as your xx i say the dirtbike would win that one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

He swears by his 2 stroke. It's 19 years old and he paid 800 dollars for it. I'm looking forward to riding but all he does is talk smack about my xx. He's trying to compare the two when they are complete opposites

post #4 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 PM

well if everything is up to par on your buddys dirtbike it would be a very interesting dragrace!!! my neighbor has a yami 200 stock blaster =200ccs and he gets the holeshot but i comeback and run him down about 1/8 mile into the quarter mile!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #5 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
well if everything is up to par on your buddys dirtbike it would be a very interesting dragrace!!! my neighbor has a yami 200 stock blaster =200ccs and he gets the holeshot but i comeback and run him down about 1/8 mile into the quarter mile!
I don't know too much about 2 strokes but I've heard they require a lot of maintenance to run right. I actually just got my xx about another ago and I'm in love. I had a yamaha warrior before my xx
post #6 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 04:08 PM

grin

yeah the 700xx and two stroke power band are quite different the way the engines get up to speed! yeah i love my xx too! the xx is a torque monster and the 2 cycle is a mid to topend screamer!

post #7 of 36 Old 10-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The bike would win. Even a modern 250 4-stroke mx bike would win. Motorcycles are crazy fast. Tell your friend to find another motorcycle to race. Like someone already said, bikes weigh at least half of what the 700xx weighs and a 2-stroke is even lighter. As far as 2-strokes needing more maintenance, that is false. I have both. In fact, they may even require less since you don't have to mess with any valves. They are more sensitive to changes in altitude.
post #8 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
The bike would win. Even a modern 250 4-stroke mx bike would win. Motorcycles are crazy fast. Tell your friend to find another motorcycle to race. Like someone already said, bikes weigh at least half of what the 700xx weighs and a 2-stroke is even lighter. As far as 2-strokes needing more maintenance, that is false. I have both. In fact, they may even require less since you don't have to mess with any valves. They are more sensitive to changes in altitude.

Ya never know. I raced many dirt bikes on the kfx700 I had and toasted them pretty well. The XX would be right there with it so I don't know. I raced a good running cr250 on my kfx when it was all stock motor. Beat it every time. This is 400-500ft or so. Past that it would have killed me.

I big bored and cammed the kfx to a 730 and couldn't get many things to line up. It was just shy of 100hp at the crank. I raced a couple 250 four stroke bikes and it was pitiful. I gave them 3-4 bikes head start and beat them by many lengths. Too many factors when drag racing. Never know what will happen.

A 4.0 ****ing liter Straight six, A box full of hollow points and lord willing a gd twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.
post #9 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

We would probably race down a dirt road. Top speed of the xx is greater I believe
post #10 of 36 Old 11-08-2013, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
DoubleTab, what year bikes did you race? I own a TRX700xx, a KFX700, and an 85 ATC250r. My 250r will beat both 700s out of the hole everytime. Once they are rolling, however, it is a different story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode