700xx Vs Raptor - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 11-26-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oops 700xx Vs Raptor

Has anyone been to any sand dunes with a raptor in the group? i am wondering how the 700xx will do if you raced and how the 700xx does for hill climbing as well. I want to know mod for mod or stock for stock. I would like to hear from any one. i dont want the raptor with more mods than ours i want to know stock vs stock or mod vs mod. I do alot of sand runs and there is about 6 raptors in the group. I know i will be slower but by how much? I am getting one by Christmas and cant wait. yahoo Thank for the replies and HAPPY THANKSGIVING
PS My wife is one of those with the raptor i cant have her beat me to bad ha ha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 11-26-2009, 06:16 PM

well quad HP wise stock for stock you will be even if not slightly higher.

now a riders weight and tires will be what decides the dune winners
post #3 of 46 Old 11-26-2009, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

I know it weighs more and so every one is asking why would you buy such a heavy bike but i tell them it is 80 pounds more which is alot but hey. i am wondering how much power the independent rear end take from the bike.

post #4 of 46 Old 11-27-2009, 04:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bdr455
I can say this, one of the guys I ride with has a Raptor... we both got them at the same time and stock to stock he would leave me in 3rd but I also have 200lbs on him. Now when I went to a 13th tooth we are neck to neck and if I start in 2nd I'll usually take him in a heads up drag race.

700xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BruteForce 650i
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

400 Sport Polaris

300ex

post #5 of 46 Old 11-27-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

that good to know i will be doing the 13 tooth as soon as it comes off the show room floor
post #6 of 46 Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 PM

Equal riders with equal setups the Raptor will become more dominant in a drag race and hillshooting as more mods come into the comparison. The XX wasnt designed to be directly compared to the Raptor nor the other way around. The Raptor has been out longer than the XX and the aftermarket has them figured out pretty good comparitively speaking. Once the big bore kits and stroker cranks starting hitting the market for the XX then weight transfer and traction will become more and more a problem compared to the Raptor(when it comes to dragracing).

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #7 of 46 Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

thanks bo i know they arent meant to be compared to the rappy but i just want to know how bad i might lose at the dunes to my friend on there rappys by the way i like the raptor but with 6 or so in the group (i lost count) i want something different most of my friends have the big 3 and they move pretty well. My brothers with the big 6 flat out rips his bike is a ball but i want something different since i can ride my wifes bike when i want speed at the dunes ha ha ha No diss on our 700xx but as we know it wasnt meant for just dune runs i cant wait for the mud though

Last edited by rodeo; 11-28-2009 at 12:49 AM.
post #8 of 46 Old 11-28-2009, 10:55 AM

I wouldnt count your self out yet. I was really suprised how the 700xx did in the sand. I can do anything every other Quad out there can do. The weight of the quad will be forgotten when you get as much air as they do.

I ride with 2 strokes and 450's an i do just fine.
post #9 of 46 Old 11-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Good choice going to the XX, it will hold its own and will outdo the Raptor in its environment in alot of ways.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #10 of 46 Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 AM
MFR

I am at Armagosa Dunes right now, just north of Las Vegas. Have been here since Thanksgiving. I still have the stock 14T front sprocket. I dont have a video cam but will try to film a couple runs with my BlackBerry today and post them. Even though I weigh 230lbs, my 700XX was one of the fastest out there.

ALBA Stage 3 Kit,Throttle body taper-bored to 46mm, HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust,DYNOJET Power Comander 5, DYNOJET Auto Tune, Velocity Filter, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires.

Current
(2) 2008 TRX700XX
(1) 2008 Raptor 250
(1) KTM 505XC
Past
2004 YFZ450
2004 Raptor660
2006 RMZ450
2000 KX250

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abe Lincoln.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode