Had to show some fellow Hondas the way of the xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Had to show some fellow Hondas the way of the xx

So as the title says I was invited to bring my xx out for a ride with some 3 wheelers a few weeks ago. There was a bored out 350 x and two 250 r's one liquid one air cooled. Was a good day of riding and then we started racing lol. Well they are pretty quick for their age but they were no challenge for the xx. They were pretty impressed at how fast it is. The fastest of the group was the 250 r liquid cooled but I still took em by like 7-10 bike lengths. Was cool riding with the older Hondas as one day my xx will be the older Honda lol. And they were able to keep pace all day without any breakdowns or hiccups. That's all for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-20-2015, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Very nice! I love to hear stories like this.

Though our machines may be the black sheep of the Honda family, they still shine with their own brilliance.

I have found that most of the negative feedback comes from those uneducated and unfamiliar with the bike. If you read the posts from old schoolers and those who are "in the know", you will find that the respect is there as well as the kudos.

Most of the kudos go to the ones who have learned to actually control and tame the beast. Once one has figured it out, they can hang with every other sport quad on the trail or track.

Funny thing is my other bike is an '87 250r that I have had since I was 13. Still love that thing.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-20-2015, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My friend is a 250r fanatic that happens to love my xx's. I asked him the other day when he was going to trade the 250 in for a 450 and he responded, "only bike I'd trade it for would be a xx".

post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2015, 11:27 PM

Garage
I would have to agree with your friend. He has good taste!
post #5 of 12 Old 06-21-2015, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah they were big Honda guys and they were all pretty impressed with the xx. They knew they are fast just not as fast as it was. They only had to race me once and they knew it wasn't gonna happen for them. And as far as other sport quads there aren't any I've ridden with yet that could keep up with me. The xx leaves em all behind in the trails and on the roads only the raptor 700's keep pace. Usually I like to be last in a group on trails and let the rest get way ahead of me so I can really drive hard to catch them up again. I put a lot of seat time on my xx so I've learned to utilize it's abilities.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post
...Though our machines may be the black sheep of the Honda family, they still shine with their own brilliance...
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you... The 700xx is NOT the black sheep of the Honda family... It's just the Honda Company did not give the model a fair chance by ending production in 2009.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #7 of 12 Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you... The 700xx is NOT the black sheep of the Honda family... It's just the Honda Company did not give the model a fair chance by ending production in 2009.

roadkill

I Digress. By Black sheep I meant one who acts against the grain of whats familiar or rebels against the status quo. Like the child who goes on to become a rockstar in a family of doctors and lawyers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where youíre at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
post #8 of 12 Old 10-06-2015, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post
I Digress. By Black sheep I meant one who acts against the grain of whats familiar or rebels against the status quo. Like the child who goes on to become a rockstar in a family of doctors and lawyers.
I agree. The only "Black Sheep" here is the Honda company for not giving the 700xx the chance it deserved. It's not like there wasn't a market for a big bore sport quad... Yamaha proved that with their Raptor 700 and it's still in production.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #9 of 12 Old 10-06-2015, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The raptor is still in production because it is what people want in a BB sport quad. From a business stand point, Honda dropped the ball with the XX and IRS. Yes, I know you guys love it and it is a fine machine, but like it or not, it is not what MOST people wanted, if it was it would still be in production, the XX was doomed from the start just like the KFX. I am not trying to offend anyone or start anything, just how I see it. What they should have done is released it as a SRA. just my .02.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #10 of 12 Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 PM

So whats your explanation for the discontinuence of the KTM 450/525, suzuki LTR-450 or the polaris outlaw? Strange how these discontinued bikes all came and disappeared at around the same time... It couldn't have had something to do with the economy at the time right?

Plain and simple, no Sport atvs were selling well at the time of the XX's release and that still is the case today. It's why no sport model has received an update in yrs including the raptor which is still using the outdated 686cc mill while the grizzly and SxSs have all moved on to the DOHC 708.

Last edited by Jmm24; 10-06-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode