Impromptu sand drags - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-01-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Impromptu sand drags

50 plus drag races this past week at Little Sahara Oklahoma. XX with thirteen tooth and EHS big three held its own. Had as many as 15 bikes at a time line up. Only a Raptor with head work (by Velociraptor), cams, bored throttle body, CP piston, dual exhausts, and a stroked Yammie 450 consistently pulled the five XX's in our group. My own DS 650 with TM 48, RW pipe, and RW CDI would pull the XX's on the top end. Excluding the races won by the above mentioned Yamahas the XX's won 75% of the remaining races. Giving up a few to the DS 650's and one or two to a strong running 450 Suzuki. Several piped Raptors, piped 450's, and piped and jetted banshees never finished better than third.

The torque, crisp throttle response, and IRS gave the XX even better results playing cat and mouse on the trails. Felt like I could have passed or tapped the rear of any bike at any time (including both Yamahas that consistently whipped us drag racing) in the whoops, corners, and short straights.

Overall enjoyed the nice torque, my butt enjoyed the IRS, and my out of shape body thanked Honda for REWIND in many many instances. On the negative side, I was really aching for another 15-25 horsepower and 1000-1500 rpm's on the top. It really sucks to see a lowly Yammie 450 reel in and ease by the XX after you have beat it out of the hole!!!

Cummins19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 04:59 PM

I was out there this past week as well. I did a little drag racing and I also held my own. I did alot of watching and didnt really want to race because i was not used to my bike but i was eventually pushed out by my friends and i became addicted. After about 10 drags my bike poped like it was out of fuel in the middle of a race so i rode back to my friends and shut it down to check it out. It was not out of fuel and it wouldnt start again. I looked over everything and it all looked normal and i could tell it was a fuel problem. So i switched it over to my reserve, which wasnt easy cause my knob for that fell off at some point....but anywho after i switched it over to reserve it ran like a champ. After we got back to camp i switched it back to normal and it ran normal again. So i went out riding again and after going over 5 or 6 dunes it died. So i once again switched it back to reserve and its running good again. I guess i just have something stuck in the line but it doesnt make since that it would run again for a little bit then die. Im gonna take it apart latter and see what i can figure out...weird.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwood View Post
I was out there this past week as well. I did a little drag racing and I also held my own. I did alot of watching and didnt really want to race because i was not used to my bike but i was eventually pushed out by my friends and i became addicted. After about 10 drags my bike poped like it was out of fuel in the middle of a race so i rode back to my friends and shut it down to check it out. It was not out of fuel and it wouldnt start again. I looked over everything and it all looked normal and i could tell it was a fuel problem. So i switched it over to my reserve, which wasnt easy cause my knob for that fell off at some point....but anywho after i switched it over to reserve it ran like a champ. After we got back to camp i switched it back to normal and it ran normal again. So i went out riding again and after going over 5 or 6 dunes it died. So i once again switched it back to reserve and its running good again. I guess i just have something stuck in the line but it doesnt make since that it would run again for a little bit then die. Im gonna take it apart latter and see what i can figure out...weird.
A lot of XX came with the Fuel indicator installed incorrectly. The bike will ride for quiet a bit of time on "off" making it seem like something else.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 05:22 PM

So do i just need to take it back to a honda dealership
post #5 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
You could if you'd like to. If you want to fix it there is a phillips head holding the indicator on. Pull it off and check the arrow and fuel valve position.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Oh i got ya....that thing fell off...it all lines up right...i think im on the same page as you.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
A lot of XX came with the Fuel indicator installed incorrectly. The bike will ride for quiet a bit of time on "off" making it seem like something else.
i went about 6 miles on ''off'' today i forgot to turn the fuel ''on''. i was on the bottom 5th going about 55mph
post #8 of 11 Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
had the same issue. sucks to be 1/2 way up a dune and realize you forgot to turn the knob back to "ON"

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #9 of 11 Old 05-04-2010, 06:26 PM

I just never turn mine off.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-30-2010, 01:11 AM

By the way what Paddle tires were you guys running on the xx and the ds650???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode