Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

xx and kfx 450

17K views 55 replies 28 participants last post by  Justin700xx 
#1 ·
So I raced my friends bone stock 09 kfx 450 and was surpirsed, it was close but i beat him. We raced about 6 times with the same result. It was really close but when i hit 4th i started to inch away then when he topped in fifth i was still going. I have really bald tires, but with new i think the xx would take it top to bottom. After we switched with me being 190lbs and him being 130lbs his 450 wouldnt touch the xx at all. He was amazed at how much power it had. His would were "Damn dude that things got some nuts" Haha No videos to back it up but maybe next time. What has everyone had for run ins with 450's? Next on my list is my other friends 04 trx 450 with full fmf exhuast and jets.

#35 ·
The XX and the raptor are neck and neck up to three mod from there the raptor will dominate, and I used to eat up KFX's when I was stock, in my experience the KFX is the slowest of all the 450's.

#37 ·
If by slowest you mean drag racing at top speed, you're correct. The KFX has a close ratio gearbox and with the 14T front sprocket, it has the slowest mph top speed. However, after the simple mods, that gearing becomes too short, hence I went to a 15T for woods.

The XX doesn't have the aftermarket support to keep up with the Raptor. I think they are both very fast bikes in there own respect. Drag racing is not where the XX really shine's. It is a very good and fast bike though. Eat's up rough terrain like it is nothin.
I'm not into dragging, so that doesn't matter to me. I think the IRS would be pretty sweet in the woods I ride. Just need to find someone to let me test ride it... haha

#41 ·
In the August 2010 issue of DirtWheels they tested all 450's full modded except the ktm. Each one got at least the big three and new cam. Some got port+polish, higher compression, and bored throttle body. The only thing they did with the kfx was big 3 and the dirtbike cam and said it was easily the fastest 450 out there. The kfx has a great motor, it just can't breathe when stock.

#42 ·
The only thing they did with the kfx was big 3 and the dirtbike cam and said it was easily the fastest 450 out there. The kfx has a great motor, it just can't breathe when stock.
Big 3 and cam and it was the fastest 450 against others with piston, P & P and bored TB.......I am waving the BS flag......Twice

#47 · (Edited)
Anyways, I think its incredible how fast the 450's are! I wonder if Honda did a DOHC motor like in the 450's what kinda beast it would make the xx. I really dont know much about the engineering behind why Honda went with the head they did but I wonder what kind of monster it would be with a 5 valve dual cam head? Also saying dont race a 450 on the track is funny to me, the xx was never made to hit the track just like the 450's really aren't made for trails. I proved that last weekend. A 450 will blow me away on the track with the right rider and I'll blow the 450 away in the trails. The xx is simply the comfort king on abused trails. It takes a lot out of me to make it happen on the track. I did race a yfz450 on a small track at rocky glen, the guy couldn't lose me and i would say we had close to equal riding abilities.

#49 ·
Not a fan of the kfx. Seen one blown up 3 times, all new built motors with less than 20 hrs. The racer who had it said it made him nervous t race because it chucked the rod through the case while going up the face of a 60ft tabletop. Since been sold and he has 2 450R's, ones a 520 or something and the other is a built 450. The 520 puts out 54hp.

#51 ·
I thought the new yfz450x was the fastest quad out. I've read that they do 85mph stock but not sure how true that statement is.

#52 ·
I would think there only in the 70s somewhere stock.

Not to get off topic but anyone see the new YZ450F, they turned the top end around or something like that so that the exhaust dont come out the front, it goes straight back where the intake would usually be.

Yamaha seems to be on the right track, gotta say that about them.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelgallerylib/209/1/0/gallery.aspx

#53 ·
Hey guys i got great news for all of you's heres a list of all the atvs ive raced.

08 DS 450x [ stayed side by side until i hit 3rd gear than i started inching away]
2007 trx 450r [ RAPED it . i pulled on him on all 3 races and left him behind in all gears ]
2008 trx 450 Special edition with hrc kit , [ he pulled on me 1st and second] caught him in 3rd and inched away]
2004 raptor 660r [ Lol.. he got wrecked ]
2009 Renegade 800r x [he kept on pulling on me till about 80 than the race started changing once i was in 5th gear i came on strong but it was the fastest one out of them all.. i gave him the win because i didnt pass him till a good 100]

#54 ·
100 what? MPH, KPH, yards?

#55 ·
well since the gearing wouldn't allow 100mph, i would have to guess kph or yards. I doubt he has altered the gearing to allow 100mph, or he would be getting smoked in every race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.