xx and kfx 450 - Page 4 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Well I was not knocking you.....when you race against a modded banshee, depending on how modded no 4 stroke is going to take it, but yea the 18's are killing you.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
The 450 I raced had 20" kutters. They were brand new and that thing was fast. He said if he ports his carb he'll pick up a few horse. I think at that point he'll be working me over!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 11:51 AM

I raced a ltr 450 weekend before last. It was a 3mod bike on 18" tires. I beat him but not by much. I got the EHS big 4! I launched in 2nd with the 14tooth and he was right beside me til I hit 3rd. Then I slowly started to pull away from him.

post #34 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Since this is about the KFX, figured I'd chime in. The KFX is very bottled up when stock. And until the entire intake and tube is replaced, other mods do very little. I've also owned an LTR (Suzuki) and TRX (Honda) 450s. The KFX is definitely faster than the Honda with the same mods. I didn't do enough to compare the LTR, but it's nearly free to add 7hp (remove airbox lid, baffle, Cherry Bomb). The KFX also has the slowest topspeed stock, so the XX definitely should walk from it up top. After the 'big 3' and cams, I went up a tooth on front sprocket because 1st gear became useless, now it's quite a bit faster up top. I did the opposite, dropped a tooth, on the other two 450s.

How the the XX's compare to the Raptor 700r's? Three of my buddy's have them and the KFX is quicker, maybe faster up top re-geared, but I haven't tried it, I don't care for riding pavement. I'm here because I think I may replace the g/f's 250ex with a 700xx and have always been interested in them!

'08 KFX450r - Some mods...
'01 TRX250EX - G/F and buddy bike
post #35 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM

The XX and the raptor are neck and neck up to three mod from there the raptor will dominate, and I used to eat up KFX's when I was stock, in my experience the KFX is the slowest of all the 450's.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
post #36 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM

The XX doesn't have the aftermarket support to keep up with the Raptor. I think they are both very fast bikes in there own respect. Drag racing is not where the XX really shine's. It is a very good and fast bike though. Eat's up rough terrain like it is nothin.
post #37 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09RappySE View Post
The XX and the raptor are neck and neck up to three mod from there the raptor will dominate, and I used to eat up KFX's when I was stock, in my experience the KFX is the slowest of all the 450's.
If by slowest you mean drag racing at top speed, you're correct. The KFX has a close ratio gearbox and with the 14T front sprocket, it has the slowest mph top speed. However, after the simple mods, that gearing becomes too short, hence I went to a 15T for woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
The XX doesn't have the aftermarket support to keep up with the Raptor. I think they are both very fast bikes in there own respect. Drag racing is not where the XX really shine's. It is a very good and fast bike though. Eat's up rough terrain like it is nothin.
I'm not into dragging, so that doesn't matter to me. I think the IRS would be pretty sweet in the woods I ride. Just need to find someone to let me test ride it... haha

'08 KFX450r - Some mods...
'01 TRX250EX - G/F and buddy bike
post #38 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
The xx is a trail master! I let my 450r friend ride my xx and now he wants one. We got split up on the trails, he had a 15 min head start on me. The xx is so much faster on rough terrain I caught up to him. He couldn't believe how awesome the xx is in the trails.

post #39 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strubby View Post
If by slowest you mean drag racing at top speed, you're correct.

Drag racing ain't got nothin to do with top speed....its how fast you get there.

734 09 Raptor
post #40 of 56 Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM

^^^ Exactly, what good is top end when they have already been there and on the brakes.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode