Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

xx and kfx 450

17K views 55 replies 28 participants last post by  Justin700xx 
#1 ·
So I raced my friends bone stock 09 kfx 450 and was surpirsed, it was close but i beat him. We raced about 6 times with the same result. It was really close but when i hit 4th i started to inch away then when he topped in fifth i was still going. I have really bald tires, but with new i think the xx would take it top to bottom. After we switched with me being 190lbs and him being 130lbs his 450 wouldnt touch the xx at all. He was amazed at how much power it had. His would were "Damn dude that things got some nuts" Haha No videos to back it up but maybe next time. What has everyone had for run ins with 450's? Next on my list is my other friends 04 trx 450 with full fmf exhuast and jets.

#3 ·
I alwasy thought the kfx and the ltz were the exact same, did that change with the 450?

#5 ·
I beat a 2004 yfz450 with full gytr exhaust velocity filter and re jetted when I was totally stock.

#9 ·
nice

#8 ·
So I raced my friends bone stock 09 kfx 450 and was surpirsed, it was close but i beat him.

my other friends 04 trx 450 with full fmf exhuast and jets.
first sweet deal the xx does have a lot
next good luck trx 450 are fast it is afterall honda race bike i havnt been able to beat my buddys but the have hrc kits and a built engine in the other. but i keep up just fine.

#10 ·
I just got my 08 700xx in june of 2010 as a left over. Its still stock and i finally got to race against a couple 450's over the weenkend they all had aftermarket exhausts and not sure if anything else, But i raced a kfx 450 and I beat him by a 4wheeler length away if not 1 1/2. Then i raced the trx450 was side by side couldnt tell who won and then i raced a yfz 450 and it beat me but i think i had a bad start. Everyone was impressed with it. This is my first quad

#12 ·
ive beaten a bunch of ltzr 450s n kfx 450s.. only one to give me a run was the yzf but i also got bald ass tires... i have a few vides on you tube.. search eclipsegs0 n u will see all of them i jus cant post them here

#18 ·
so far ive easily kept up with a trx450 and kfx450..im 240 pounds..the guys i was racing was 180 and 150 pounds..the trx is mine my cousin was on it..full exhaust and air filter..the kfx has a slip on..progammer and air filter..the guy races it and in a drag race up a hill we were side by side..my xx is totaly stock..

#19 ·
beat a 500 polaris predator that has a slip on and big bored up to 560cc. he thinks he is king chit and we lined up the bone stock 700xx in the field and beat him 3 out of 4. the one loss was just do to a bad launch on wet grass. really pissed him off. we haven't talked since.

#20 ·
I hate people like that. Nice job! :xx:

#21 ·
I run into alot of people that rag on the 700XXs, but not a single one ever stepped up and wanted to race, I'm still waiting to race one.

Seems that 70% of the people that have them bought a extended attitude with the quad.

#23 ·
the 700xx is fast. I think after I get my big 3 on this week it will be as fast in a straight line as my trx450r. I love the XX for trails, but my 450 is king on the track.

My friends raptor 700 always want to drag against my 450, but I won't do it unless they race me 3 laps around the track too;)

#28 ·
yep yep....450s aren't great drag quads.....more potential with a big bore. QUOTE said:
I disagree...I have seen some pretty fast TRX450's run in the high 4's in 300 ft.:hey:

#30 ·
yep yep....450s aren't great drag quads.....more potential with a big bore. QUOTE said:
I disagree...I have seen some pretty fast TRX450's run in the high 4's in 300 ft.:hey:

Well since I have been riding for 20 years and I have owned a 450 since 2004 I don't know too much;)

Btw my 450 has around 55 hp, full exhaust HRC kit including cam, with a venom 480 big bore, p/p +1 valves, FCR carb and 100 octane fuel. When I run against modded banshees I don't win that often. Some big bore raptors beat me too. I think I would be faster if I went back to 20s in the rear instead of 18s I run on the track.

All I am saying is when you get into serious dragging the 2 strokes and some big bores ultimately have an advantage IMHO.

#29 ·
The 450s are monsters when built right, the power to weight ratio is ridiculous on them.

#31 ·
Well I was not knocking you.....when you race against a modded banshee, depending on how modded no 4 stroke is going to take it, but yea the 18's are killing you.

#34 ·
Since this is about the KFX, figured I'd chime in. The KFX is very bottled up when stock. And until the entire intake and tube is replaced, other mods do very little. I've also owned an LTR (Suzuki) and TRX (Honda) 450s. The KFX is definitely faster than the Honda with the same mods. I didn't do enough to compare the LTR, but it's nearly free to add 7hp (remove airbox lid, baffle, Cherry Bomb). The KFX also has the slowest topspeed stock, so the XX definitely should walk from it up top. After the 'big 3' and cams, I went up a tooth on front sprocket because 1st gear became useless, now it's quite a bit faster up top. I did the opposite, dropped a tooth, on the other two 450s.

How the the XX's compare to the Raptor 700r's? Three of my buddy's have them and the KFX is quicker, maybe faster up top re-geared, but I haven't tried it, I don't care for riding pavement. I'm here because I think I may replace the g/f's 250ex with a 700xx and have always been interested in them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.