Raptor vs TREX 700 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
estatic Raptor vs TREX 700

Was riding some Tight trails that have rocks At perry lake in kansas and was told by a raptor owner that he could not do what i was doing his quad wasnt made for this. I asked him what was it made for if not to ride trails. He answer? To ride around and have fun and When i told him the raptor was sold as a trail bike it was to narrow for the track and to narrow for the dunes according to reviews he then shrugged his shoulders. He was a nice guy so i asked if he wanted to race he declined... By the way this was the blue raptor 660.

This wasnt a race just a run in with a raptor 660 he refused to race and i enjoyed his comparison of the two quads and knew all the TREX-700 owners would get a good laugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 PM

lol a smart raptor owner...he knows better then to race a 700xx
post #3 of 31 Old 08-26-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

His main problem is he had no clearance with the straight rear axle and the trails are rough he said he has been stuck out there alot and high centered alot. I told him his was narrower than mine and in that respect he had the edge

post #4 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

I am going to give the the TREX-700 the most hated by other quad owners award lol i found a thread on exriders that is still going on its over two years old about which is better a rappy or TREX-700 lol

So im wondering will anyone with a raptor come race me on trails? Cause for two years they have been claiming the rappy is the best trail quad and that 80hp rappies are better than a xx well open invite come change my mind come beat me. And no i dont drag race and even when i owned a rappy i didnt drag race... So come race me on trails.... I think thats what atv's are for.. But be warned there are not any well groomed trails here. And the one rappy i have seen refused to race

Last edited by Captamer71; 08-27-2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Iphone
post #5 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captamer71 View Post
I am going to give the the TREX-700 the most hated by other quad owners award lol i found a thread on exriders that is still going on its over two years old about which is better a rappy or TREX-700 lol

So im wondering will anyone with a raptor come race me on trails? Cause for two years they have been claiming the rappy is the best trail quad and that 80hp rappies are better than a xx well open invite come change my mind come beat me. And no i dont drag race and even when i owned a rappy i didnt drag race... So come race me on trails.... I think thats what atv's are for.. But be warned there are not any well groomed trails here. And the one rappy i have seen refused to race
Im with you on this brother!!!!
post #6 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 10:14 AM

You do meet some pansy ass raptor owners, LOL. Wish I lived in the US, I would take you up on the offer. The problem with most raptor owners in the US is that they focus on power more than in suspension and tires. I for one think that the first mods done to raptors should be to respring and revalve all 3 shocks, chassis and swinger skid plates and 23in front tires and 22in rears. This combo is awesome and can be done relatively cheap. Glad you like your xx bro.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #7 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 01:17 PM

i really should be working...

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #8 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 01:21 PM

"It's good to be the king" Ala Mel Brooks

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #9 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 03:54 PM

What a great picture

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #10 of 31 Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 PM

x2 on the picture. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode