super built 14:1 ltz400 vs xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
super built 14:1 ltz400 vs xx

i took my first beating sunday My buddy has a 14:1, +6" swing arm, 4" wider in front, 5" wider in rear, aftermarket everything, built to the hilt, sand drag racing suzuki LTZ 400 (well its not a 400 anymore anyway). He used to MX then shattered his ankle, so now he's all drag racer at the dunes.

Anyway...

1st run, rolling start in 1st, we were side by side till i hit 5th, then he could not be seen lol

2nd run, from stop, i 4got to get up on the bars, pulled the front up, game over for me.

3rd run, from stop, he got the hole shot and pulled on me for about a bike and a half till i hit 5th, i was comin back on him but he thought it was over and let up.

moral of the story....

this bike has FREAKIN LONG LEGS!! his LTZ is geared to get to top speed ASAP (stock gears for me), so its hard to get the hole shot, but... on a long enough drag race, i'll pull him back in and get the checkers. i think if i was a more experienced launcher then i could get him... but he's got tons of drag exp. on me and the +6 swing keeps his front down.

bottom line....

i love the xx. and if i ever were to get serious about drag racing (sand) with the xx... it would smoke the shit outta my buddies 14:1 LTZ. SOOO, i dont really feel too bad about losing cause i know if i put the same money in the xx as he put in his LTZ... game over for him

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tomkat; 04-28-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode