450's VS Our XX - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 Old 05-08-2013, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I know my new 450 which is worked won't touch my 700 which is really worked after 3rd gear. That being said, I have a track at my house, and I ride both on it. A 6 mile loop, I can get over a minute faster on my 450 than my XX all because of the turning ability. Everyone knows I've raced both in GNCC style races, and I will stick with the 450. All the races are made for SRA quads, nothing to really get hung up on. Unless of course it is a muddy race. That is where my XX prevailed while racing. But for putting around trail riding, I'd take the XX any day.

As far as racing others, I haven't found a 450 to beat me yet, except at the dunes, 2 guys had really built of yfz450's, and they consistently beat me in drags by about a quad length at most. The only other quads to beat me there were built up banshees. I went amongst both raptors and XXs as well, and I beat them all by quite a few quad lengths. Haven't gone up against a built raptor though.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
CRW,

Do you ever get down this way?

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs/Ferrea Valves, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #13 of 34 Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Rappy, once in a while I visit some relatives in VA Beach. I know your Raptor will hang, if not beat the XX. But as I stated, none of the raptors I went against were built, besides big 3, and one had a HC piston.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #14 of 34 Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rappyse View Post
crw,

do you ever get down this way?
lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #15 of 34 Old 05-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
I know your Raptor will hang
That's not what I was getting at.....I am actually curious to see how the XX performs with some work done to it...I don't see many of them, I really don't care if we race or not.....maybe we can get together some day and ride.....if it bothers you to ride next to blue, I will get out the R.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs/Ferrea Valves, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #16 of 34 Old 05-11-2013, 02:50 PM

I have a lot of buddies with built 450 class machines. They are a lot lighter than me. In a drag race they pull my XX off of the line but when they hit the end of fifth I roll back up along side and,,,,,,, shift again
post #17 of 34 Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

So I went to the drags on Friday and the two 450's the raptor and the kfx700 bitched out cause of a little rain. Anyways the XX ran 15.86 on the 1/4 mile. The ds ran 15.93 and the 440ex ran 15.83. I would love to line up against a 450. Someone told me that his 450r ran 14.02 but I don't really believe him cause there was an alcohol banshee and he was running high 13's.
post #18 of 34 Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 PM

I have a raced a piped and stage 2 hot cam 450, Pretty close race at first, he was starting in 2nd gear, and got me out of the hole, by 3 rd I was pulling away,, 3 or 4th race, I was starting in 2nd on the 700xx and had him on the hole, and the rest of the way. I have a stock sprockets, and a full hmf pipe and power commander,
post #19 of 34 Old 06-02-2013, 09:10 AM

I lined up against a yfz450 this last weekend about 10 times. It was in the sand, both our machines are stock, so he says....I think he has geared it. We both had hauler paddles and were on a wet hard sand flat racing draging down about 300 meter stretch.

First off, this guy is a close friend, he has tons of bikes and has ridden his whole life, could be pro if he wanted, I have never seen him lose a race except for against some built 2 strokers.

He would get the holeshot everytime on me, about 100 meters down I would be closing in on him if I was shifting better. at 300 meters I would be right next to him. Also, I suck at dragging, this was a new bike too. I was wearing my boots and did not have my shift lever adjusted for them so my shifting was very sloppy and I have not had the seat time yet to get the shift points and starts down for the sand and paddles riding we were doing. I believe that if I had been riding this xx longer and had my shifting down I would have taken him, especially if I went to a 13t I would.

He probably weighs 145 lbs myself 160 lbs.

Again this guy rides as good as pros, 100ft plus jumps, all day wheelies, never loses drags etc. no matter what he jumps on, dirtbike, quad street-bike etc. he is a beast.

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 34 Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 AM

in my run ins with 450s they have all been at sand hill shoots. not exactly the best thing the xx is for haha i get my butt handed to me constantly sadly at my local dune area there isn't a good smooth flay land drag strip. i'm no slouch in the hole either i can launch pretty well. but about 300ft up the hill any 450 our raptor pulls on my and my buddy with an xx

2006 ds650x-sold.
2008 trx 700xx black and grey.
13t front sprocket, barkers full exhaust, uni filter, ehs lid w/vents, pcv. 44.02hp 2/12/13
Kenda Kutters & sti tech 4 tires, Honda racing Nerfs, pro taper grips, l8ton 11/16 sway bar, ccp, teixeira tech cxc, ds450 swap, precision s&v, duro mohawks and 10pdl haulers on itp ss112 machined on 2in solid billit adaptors.

hids 8k, tt vapor, blue underglow, billet gas cap, pro armor front bumper, ricochet full skids, powermadd hand guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode