450's VS Our XX - Page 3 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 Old 07-07-2013, 02:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Raced an LTR450 on the highway the other night. He jumped me out of the hole by a couple bike lengths then I came back by him between 3rd and 4th gear. I was surprised.

A 4.0 ****ing liter Straight six, A box full of hollow points and lord willing a gd twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 07-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I vary seldom drag race... but... @ Pismo, there is a section near the backside that people drag at. This is in no way an "official" track... no lane markings, no "start" line, no finish line... Just a wide sand area with a slight uphill slope. When I go there, I'll line up with anyone. Only been beaten twice... by a pair of way built Banshees. I'll run till the other rider backs off... about 1/8 mile. The only other rider to give me a good race was my friend on a built Outlaw IRS. Other riders would come up to me after and ask me what I was riding and what motor work I've done. Answer: 700xx with NO internal motor work. I've even let a couple riders make a pass on my quad... they got their eyes opened real well.
Trust me, I'm in no way skilled in drag racing and am an old fart (65 yo) which just makes a win more fun.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #23 of 34 Old 07-17-2013, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
hell i beat an outlander 1000 3 times on an limerock drag it is almost like riding on rough concrete,all traction!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear

post #24 of 34 Old 07-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Down at sand hollow I watched a group of wheelers (400ex, 2 raptor 660's, raptor 700se and 2 ltz450's, all pretty modded) drag back and forth on the beach. Within about 3 mins of watching the 700 drove over and wanted me to join. Now they all had paddle tires and I didn't which killed me off the line but by the time we hit 3 gear I was passing all of them, and I don't even have that many mods (Exhaust and tires really).

post #25 of 34 Old 07-18-2013, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Some of these are just too funny.....

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs/Ferrea Valves, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #26 of 34 Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 AM

10 min after i bought mine i raced my buddy with a 09 yfz 450. he is stock, but he took baffle and air lid off. mine has the big 3 and a sprocket. it was the first time i rode it of course but we were pretty close through 3rd any way. he got me by half a bike a few times but i could have launched better just bought that fagget. we both can ride but id say stock for stock the xx dont stand a chance unless we are 4th 5th gear toping them out.
post #27 of 34 Old 07-26-2013, 01:47 AM

Garage
Aren't all races to fifth gear topped out ? I know we race for up to 1/2 mile just to be sure. Only way I've been beat by another quad so far was if I blow a shift. Lost to a crf250 in the 1/4 mile but I destroyed him off the line and I had more top end I caught him as he was hitting his rev limiter. But it took a mile. Lol. Haven't got to race any renegade 1000 yet. But I'd like to think if I got the launch I'd take him the rest of the way. Beat lots of grizzlys and 850xp's.
post #28 of 34 Old 07-26-2013, 05:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx

post #29 of 34 Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 AM

Garage
Sweet races and yeah That's about right for the raptor. Even stock for stock the xx is usually a quad or two ahead in the end even if they take the launch.
post #30 of 34 Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdenkush View Post
Aren't all races to fifth gear topped out ? I know we race for up to 1/2 mile just to be sure. Only way I've been beat by another quad so far was if I blow a shift. Lost to a crf250 in the 1/4 mile but I destroyed him off the line and I had more top end I caught him as he was hitting his rev limiter. But it took a mile. Lol. Haven't got to race any renegade 1000 yet. But I'd like to think if I got the launch I'd take him the rest of the way. Beat lots of grizzlys and 850xp's.
That depends on where you race... If you race spur of the moment you may be limited to how much space/distance you have available.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode