700xx vs banshee - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx vs banshee

Hi i have a 700xx stock,i just put a 13T spocket.Sunday I tried to drad my cousin banshee and after 200 feet he was always the first.With my raptor 08 with the big 3 i was alway 3 quad in the front.IS the xx less powerfull???

700xx 08
F150 09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 06:57 PM

Well, you are comparing a 700r with the big three (~10 HP increase) to a stock XX...

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

OK but im not even near him after 200 feets. Did somebody tried a raptor with the big 3 and a 700xx with the same big 3

700xx 08
F150 09

post #4 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ran against a 700r and the result was not pretty. I won 4 out of 5 races. Now against a modded Banshee, the results were not pretty either. He b!tch slapped me from one end to the other. Also you cannot race a 700xx the same way you would a 700r. They each have different characteristics and deliver power differently.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #5 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM

I have a friend with a built banshee that I'm eager to ride with. I don't know what to expect but it should be interesting either way.
post #6 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah with a stock XX you're going to lose against a banshee. Way less weight and those things haul. Big 3 though and I'd think it'd be fun.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 29 Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

So i have no choice, I need the big 3 . Hope to beat him next time. thank's

700xx 08
F150 09
post #8 of 29 Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmanu View Post
is his banshee stock or modded? cause i think most other quads have a hard time even with a stock banshee... u start racin against modded banshees... it could be a lost cause for any quad.

ive bumped into several guys at the dunes in OR and they got turbos and nitrous and all kinds of crazy crap on them things.... good luck.

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."

Last edited by tomkat; 05-20-2009 at 02:44 AM.
post #9 of 29 Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 AM

As a former Banshee owner, I can attest to their speed with just minor modifications. Mine had pipes, Noss cool Head, bored carbs, and Pyramid reed valves--it would straight haul. The problem was that I had to constantly work on it to keep it running. Banshees are not a hop on and ride quad, they take a huge amount of maintenance to keep them running properly. However, that's not the fastest ATV I have owned. My 1985 ATC250R was used a a flat track racer and actually had an HRC flat Track chassis kit and Paul Turner national kit. That is hands down the fastest ATV I have ever owned and would probably make my 700xx look like a Yamaha Blaster in a drag race.
post #10 of 29 Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmanu View Post
Forget the drag racing. Take him down a trail with you, then go back and help him collect the parts that are left of his Banshee!

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode