Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

XX vs. 700r

28K views 122 replies 39 participants last post by  xx700xx 
#1 ·
Raptor had stg 2 cam, gytr full exhaust, pcIII, gytr intake w/ no lid. Dyno showing 54hp for him. 130LBS at most
My 700XX is stock except front 22" klaw parker DT'S. 190lbs.
Lined up on a 1/2 mile gravel straight. He got a little better start but i caught up by 1/4 mile and pulled away slowly to 5 quad lengths. On the trip back we did rolling start and i led the whole way.
Mid to top end on this thing seems pretty strong.:D

#2 · (Edited)
Hmmm... Sounds kinda funny to me. He's putting down more HP to the wheels than you do to the crank which puts him around 62-65hp and about 120 or so pounds lighter than you. He should have spanked a totally stock xx no problem and got enough of a lead to where you couldn't catch up. Only thing I can think of is that he has way lower gearing than you and limiting his top speed.

#3 ·
+1 or he could not drive worth a crap! good to win though!

#4 · (Edited)
He's been riding as long as i (about 25 yrs.) He wasn't sure what front sprocket he had on. He also said the power curve on his dyno sheet fell off kind of soon.
I let him ride the xx and he was pretty impressed by the ride and power.

Not bragging about the win just nice to see i won't be adding a whole bunch of aftermarket to the xx except maybe rear shocks.

#5 ·
I know when I raced a 700r with the big 3 and a cam he was able to pass me around 400ft and I could not catch up. He has to be set up for mostly bottom end power or wrong cam selection. Trust me you will be doing add on's. The stock power is great, but everyone eventually wants more.

#6 ·
Raptor had stg 2 cam, gytr full exhaust, pcIII, gytr intake w/ no lid. Dyno showing 54hp for him. 130LBS at most
My 700XX is stock except front 22" klaw parker DT'S. 190lbs.
Lined up on a 1/2 mile gravel straight. He got a little better start but i caught up by 1/4 mile and pulled away slowly to 5 quad lengths. On the trip back we did rolling start and i led the whole way.
Mid to top end on this thing seems pretty strong.:D

This I doubt.....I raced an XX mod for mod and he stood no chance from the beginning to end, no disrespect to the xx, it just has a serious weight issue.

#7 ·
I had a raptor with the big 3 and a programmer, not impressed. Got rid of that and got xx it has big 3 and programmer and its faster than my raptor was. So dont bash US on OUR site with ur first post.:confused:

#8 · (Edited)
I was not bashing YOU or the xx on a PUBLIC site just stating a fact.You apparently have an Inferiority complex. The xx is a nice bike and I have ridden one but it does not compare to the raptor in terms of handling and power.

#9 · (Edited)
Well thats just ur opinion NOT "FACTS" I'm no expert nore r U. Espically if U never ridden a xx when I have owned a 06' 700r and currently own a 700xx. So with that bein said thanks for YOUR "OPINION" sense U have NO expericence with BOTH machines. As I do. I didnt say it was MY site I said "OURS" hence the name "CLUB 700XX.COM".

#10 ·
You need to try reading a post before posting...it is not my opinion, it is first hand knowledge and I have ridden one before and you know nothing about my expertise, but I will leave you to your fantasy world thinking a bike that weighs at least 100lbs more that was all stock and sporting 22" tires to boot beat a 4 mod raptor by 5 bike lenghts...if you believe that, you are indeed a fool:lmao:

#11 ·
Let me tell U I dont care what that other member said thats not what i'm talkin about and futher MORE I"M NOT A FOOL!!!! SO FUCK U! Usaid U raced 1 MOD 4 MOD and said it stood no chance. Thats what I'm talking about STUPID. SO U NEED TO READ WHAT UR POSTING DUMB ASS.

#13 ·
You know....Tn is not that far from Va....maybe we could meet up and race...you know just for some friendly competition...of course I will only hand you your ass and you will have to tell another fantasy tale about how you won by ten bike lenghts, but feel free to send me a PM if you ever get this way:lmao:

#14 ·
How bout who cares bout ur stupid raptor that FOOL stuff pissed me off so dam u and ur racing. And if u EVER cmoe to TENNESSEE look ME up BOY. Dont leave me anymore posts. I'm done with U.

#15 ·
Ok junior...don't get your panties in a bussel, I should have known to begin with before posting that someone like you with your childish attitude would turn my origional post into something ugly. Peace out bro..now go drink some milk and have mommy put you to bed before you pass out from all this excitment.

#18 ·
Why would you buy an 09 raptor se and then join club 700 xx .Either your not happy with your purchase :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:eek:r your lookin to ruff some feathers.:birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds: IMO....
:stupid: Ur exactly rite he serously ruffled some feathers!!!!! So why did u do what u did?

#20 ·
The 2nd comment is completely true. I agree withthat guy or gal which ever it is, I think the 700r would make a better duner, but it sucks for trails, I had a 06' which is basicly the same as DOUCHE BAGS 09' front shocks have rezzies now. But no dunes in Tennessee, just rocky a$$, rutted all to h@%$, stuff is what we got. With that bein said the XX is the best for me and my compdraes!!!:yay::D :hey: Not too good at spellin, lol have fun with it I dont care!!!

#22 ·
The 2nd comment is completely true. I agree with that guy or gal which ever it is, I think the 700r would make a better duner, but it sucks for trails, I had a 06' which is basically the same as DOUCHE BAGS 09' front shocks have rezzies now. But no dunes in Tennessee, just rocky a$$, rutted all to h@%$, stuff is what we got. With that bein said the XX is the best for me and my compdraes!!!:yay::D :hey: Not too good at spellin, lol have fun with it I dont care!!!
every post I read they may say the raptor this or that but would buy the honda!
I researched for 6 months before I purchased and it was between the raptor and the honda...honda one for me because it offered me more...have met a rider who wasnt impressed with it:yay:

#21 ·
His mommy must have said it was his bed time. Awh poor little guy!:lmao::birds:

#23 ·
well if u Google 09rappyse he is posting on a few different sites...

yes i googled him to make sure he isnt spreading his crap around without an owner to defend our great machines :yay: does this make me a stalker...:hey:

#24 ·
I absoulty love mine THE BEST QUAD I"VE EVER OWNED OR RIDDEN. Bar none, u didnt go wrong at all, I didnt do any research I heard about it and went as soon as I sold my other quad and picked it up! Never even seen it, sat on one till I got to the dealership. I sold my craptor when it was only a yr old for 3200. dont miss it at all!! LMAO

#25 ·
Well I own a rappy and I am a member here and enjoy the guys and gals very much. Joined cause my best friend owns one so want to learn to help him out and help you guys with my experience. I think the xx is an awesome machine but we all have diff tastes and needs.

#27 ·
Well thats cool U havent said or done anything stupid like this jerk, :steamed:I think its great to have other people and quads on here. :yay:We can all help each other after all thier basically the same in some ways!:D

#29 ·
Most quads have there good points and bad points and you can tune the ass out of anything for a drag race.
I have a lot of quads and one is a Trx450r stripped to a skeleton and fitted with a tuned CRF250 motor. Now that's fast! Even the skid plate is plastic and the shocks are FOX to keep the weight to a minimum. You could say which is best between that and a 700xx but take the 250 into the sand or mud and you get nowhere.
Raptors are ok but I don't like the seats and riding position. My ass always hurts after riding one, but apart from that they're ok. I certainly wouldn't go on a forum ranting like that wanker!

#34 ·
For F**k sake . People who buy Yamaha's like Yamaha's. People who buy Honda's like Honda's. To me the discussion is turning into a warning for some people. If I was riding my quad and another brand of quad pulled up beside me , I'd be chuffed. It does not matter what breed it is ,he's on a quad. He likes what I like ,4 wheel fun. WHAT ARE YOUR PROBLEMS !
Get over it . where all in the same boat. 4 wheels 4 fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.