Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Precision pro stabilizer

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Jmm24 
#1 ·
Anyone ever run one of these on a bike? I'm thinking of making it the next mod for my xx but I'm curious to how it mounts. Heard I have to move a module

#2 · (Edited)
I have a Precision pro model on one 700XX and just a regular model on the other. You just have to unbolt and unplug the regulator/rectifier box in front of the steering stem, rotate it 180 degrees, bolt it back down, then follow the wiring from the plug up the frame and get a little more slack in it, and plug it back into the box. Then just clmap it to the frame and attach the clamp to the stem and you are good to go. Not a difficult install at all.

Doug

#4 ·
To be honest, I don't feel a difference between the two. The Pro model is said to be more consistant with temp variations and shouldn't fade as much. Figured since I race desert races that are hundreds of miles in length, the Pro model would be the way to go. But...I haven't been racing longer races since I have had the Pro model, just about all the races I can afford are now under 100 miles. Don't think the Pro model is worth it for those, but when I get back to doing the longer races, I have it.

If you are just your average trail rider, I would go with the standard model. Think you would be perfectly happy with it.

Doug

#5 ·
Wow thought I replied to you a while back but guess it never went thru. Anyway, thanks a lot Doug, I went ahead and got the pro model because I plan on doing some racing in 2014 and I figured it can't hurt . Actually got it as a gift for Christmas and I plan on maybe installing it tonight or tommorow. In the manual it says to change out the brake lines for braided cables. Don't really want to do this right now so I hope I can still install it without then.

#6 ·
You will have to un-bolt the brake lines from the frame and then cable tie them. The bolt that holds the line on causes clearance issue with the clamp on the stem. I don't have a Precison but I have the CCP that mounts the same way.

#7 · (Edited)
Figure I would give a update, I went to put the stabilizer on and when I was looking at it I figured that I might as well wait till I order some steel braided cables for the front brakes. I got a streamline hydraulic clutch so I figure it will look nice if both sides are steel braided I'm gonna need a parking brake block off too . I figure since I plan on ordering stage 3 Elkas all around with houser a arms that I may need the steel cables anyway. Only problem now is the temp and the snow.cant wait for spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.