User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Flipped the xx today

So I was WOT in fourth through a field when I hit a patch of long grass that was hiding a big hole. I locked up the brakes a the front tires hit the hole and dug in while the back kicked up and over so hard the handlebars didn't even touch. I was thrown off and the bike continued over to slam on the grab bar and destroy it and break my taillight cover and crack the plastic on the left side. Plus snap the spring that holds the seat release in place. Anyway it landed on its wheels and almost ran me over but I rolled out of the way enough so it missed me. Bike was off anyway but it was still rolling. I walked away completely unharmed. I straigtened the bar a touch and bike fired up like nothing ever happened. Everything seems fine I've driven since no vibrations no alignment issues. Got lucky there. Shittiest part of all is my wife and pops were on the road in the truck slightly behind me when this went down. The old lady almost jumped out of the moving truck apparently to come running over to see if I was ok. Me and my grandpa had a good laugh about it as he said "your going to be stiff tomorrow." All in all could of been a lot worse. Bike is fine other than a little cosmetic damage. Next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
crying

damn i would have to say you are very lucky on this one! ive been there and done something similiar and i still ache from the wreck i had on my 400 ex! i havent wrecked on my 700xx yet and hope i never do!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah I'm waiting to see how I feel in the morning. I guess I'm getting the six pack rack sooner than I thought.

post #4 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm just glad it wasn't in a thousand pieces when I got up off the ground. Or all bent to hell and back.
post #5 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Sid

Holdenkush,
Wow!! Really glad you weren't messed up bad. You must have a guardian angel working for you. Sure hope those angels get time-and-a-half for all the hours they must put in for those of us who ride these machines.
Congrats to your successful launch and safe landing.
Sid
post #6 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey glad ur ok man
post #7 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Sid. Yeah it's funny you say that about the angel because I was a mile down the road from where my grandmother who raised me ashes are buried. I'd like to think she was keeping an eye on things. But yeah I'm just thankful I could walk away from a 35mph flip without even a mark. And that honda built a hell of a bike. Makes me wanna go buy a lotto ticket. But I'd probably be pushing fate too much and break my ankle walking into the store to buy the ticket.
post #8 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 09:45 PM

grin

are you sure you havent already got the prm 6-pack yet because you sure were very flexible on the dismount ! if your stiff on dismount your likely to bust more bones! and am glad the xx didnt get between you and the dirt road or tarmac! glad you are alright

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #9 of 18 Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Haha Oh no it's not my first rodeo. I've been thrown and kicked off everything from cows to diving boards, ski doos, bikes pedal and motor. And just about anything else that can dump you has dumped me. So I can handle a good wreck without usually ever getting hurt. If it wasn't for the really long uncut grass I may not have been so lucky. Or if the quad would have went about a foot farther and slammed down on top of me.
post #10 of 18 Old 09-15-2013, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Wow glad your okay, that's the main thing. Was this your test ride with the new Zilla's?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode