700xx vs 450r ?? also any xx riders in nw pa ? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to the_hawk
700xx vs 450r ?? also any xx riders in nw pa ?

iam not sure which quad to get the honda 700xx or the honda 450r.

my buddy has a suzuki ltr450 and what ever i get i have just got to smoke him. i took a ride on the xx yesterday and i didnt enjoy the clutch, i couldnt feel when it was braking in order to shif, i in all honesty i am a little nervous about getting one.

i did feel the quad push in the front end when i went to turn it around but iam not really that concerned about that.

their isnt much on the after market for the xx as their is for the 450r, that is another thing iam a little worried about.

so in general which should i get do you think ?

is their any one from ne pa ? it would be cool to try the xx out with out going to diffrent dealerships asking for rides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-05-2008, 05:21 PM

i know there isnt much aftermarket parts for the 700xx but there will be it just came out in like march of this year look under the douglas wheels forum theres a nice pic of a quad of aftermarket stuff but i have a 700xx and a yfz450 and my 700xx beats my 450 without going into 5th but in 2 weeks im heading to haspin and they have a dirt dragstrip and i'll see how i'll do if u look under the forum about what have u done to your 700xx thats what ive done to mine so far i'll go with the 700xx in my opionon
post #3 of 16 Old 10-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

post #4 of 16 Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned

iam 5'7 and between 150 and 210 ( not quite sure ) i live in pa, and ride gncc style trails
post #5 of 16 Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
So, it sounds like you would fit pretty much on any quad really.

It honestly sounds like a 450 might be best for you. No reverse though, and a LOT less ground clearance. I've been very happy though with my 700xx, and truth be told, I was actually at the dealership to by a 450r when I bought my 700xx.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 16 Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned

well..... i did test drive the 700xx and it does not seem that big at all to me any way, i mean it sits high and i cannot lift the rear wheels off the ground..... but when i got on it, the and took it down the road, the quad didnt feel that big at all, i really liked the seat and it just felt right
post #7 of 16 Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 PM

waving the 700xx

If you ride in the woods/trails, the 700xx would be your best bet simply for the ride quality and power.

If you do not care about ground clearance and quality of ride go for the 450r.

I myself am so happy with my choice of the 700xx. Its just an awesome gutsy bike stock. It puts so many of the other bikes to shame. All you need is to ride it enough to learn its quirks for steering/sliding.

Make a choice and pray that you are happy. Thats all.

post #8 of 16 Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to trailin'me
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
How big are you?

What kind of riding do you do?
hmmm about 12" and prefer to hit it from the back
post #9 of 16 Old 10-08-2008, 12:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to trailin'me
gncc style trails huh? IF you are willing to re-learn how you spin turns and accelerate (you can launch out of turns if you learn to use the rear end squat) ... and can think a second or 2 ahead of what you are used to on a 450r .. 700xx all the way.

there might not be a huge selection of parts to chose from YET ... they are coming though. Sure ... you cant go buy some silly colored aftermarket plastics ... or billet gear shifters ... or 6 million types of tires ... but the stuff you can get your hands on is A+ stuff.

3 years from now i honestly believe you will be thanking yourself for buying hondas flagship quad... most importantly ..its fuel injected ..and improving performance is as simple as registering to use this forum ... power commander / air filter / exhaust ...and REVERSE!

Very soon Maxxis will be releasing most of their tires in OUR sizes ...

If you are in the market for a quad ... you can get a pretty damn good deal on a 700xx right now ..and you can be one of US taht shows up to the dog and pony show with a lion of a four wheeler ... and having something totally different ... and enjoy the conversations it starts by "skeptics" saying this magazine says this ...blah blah blah ... and when you crank this beast up and take it down the track ... youll hear "god damn" that raptor cant hold a candle to this ... or wonder why the magazines dog this machine ..its a beast ..and I like it...and its MINE.

go with your gut man ... if youre anything like me ..or our fellow 700xx forum members ... you obviously are feeling like you want and maybe even need something different ... and like to stick out ... and even prove the old-schoolers wrong.

Last edited by trailin'me; 10-08-2008 at 12:33 AM.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

sounds good to me...... so once a quad is in hand where do i start as far as mod's ?

i hear it already has a 520 chain so their goes that...... i like the sr4 can by moto works

how about pro armor stuff ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode