My dilemma - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2014, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dilemma

Bought a 700xx couple years ago without doing much research into the wheel sizes. I ride Oregon dunes and the t-rexx does great except for some of the tree shot I can hit my rear wheel and tire on trees when I run my current 10 inch paddle setup. (its just a homemade setup I used old ltr450 wheels) With this setup I am at over 50 inches wide, I would like to get under 50 inches if possible, whether with a 11 inch diameter or smaller wheel. I have searched these forums and others and cant quite get a for sure answer and what wheels I need to accomplish this.

If I cant get it under 50 inches then I will have to trade or sell it :(

If anyone could give me a straight answer with what I need to do to get under 50 inches and run paddles I would buy ya a case of beer.

Thanks, happy braaapin 2014

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-30-2014, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Been doing some more thinking about this. Since the t-rexx is so heavy I think a tire that is going to provide good flotation is also necessary for dune riding. Question is what size tire would be optimal? My friends all run yfz 450r's for years, the 8 inch wheel is the one that seems to pull the best. If I go smaller wheel/tire I gain some power but with the 700 is it really going to make a big difference and having a larger, more floaty tire better?

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

i thought you wanted to stay below fifty inches wide so you will need to find an 11 inch sand paddle to go on your oem rim itp has the most sizesi think!!! i dont dune cause no sand! Baxter knows every tire /rim combo that is available or doable for the XX i am sure if you pm him about the variations he will help out believe me he has tried them all!!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode