User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Picked up a sled

Hi everybody. So along with my xx I now am the proud owner of a 2006 arctic cat m7 efi 153. I picked it up yesterday. It's in mint shape had an extra track an extra set of skis 5belts and a bunch of clutch weights. It's really nice sled and it rips hard. Now I'm covered all seasons a raptor killing t-Rex for summer and a powder crushing mountain sled for boondocking the deep snow we get here no mountains but I got stuck already in 4 feet of untouched powder. But it's cuz I suck at riding it still it's way different riding style than I'm used to. But I'm learning and I'm smiling so it's all good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.0 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-15-2014, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry they are sideways and one at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.8 KB, 19 views)
post #3 of 21 Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

heck yeah thats nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 21 Old 02-15-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Another pic after a pretty good rip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.8 KB, 21 views)
post #5 of 21 Old 02-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Oh Yeah! rider forward is different. Ive got a 06 polaris 900 switchback, just a little curve. Ive done 102mph on a lake but since we moved to SC they have been sitting in the trailer ( wife has a 08 600 RKM 144" ) tip: in powder stay centered over the track not sled and keep up the momentum. if you dont have paddles just the trail track step back a little further keep the front light so you dont dig the skiis in. have fun playing

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #6 of 21 Old 02-16-2014, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah it's got 2.5 inch paddles so now that I've relearned my riding style I've had no issues at all. And can actually carve pretty well already. The running boards have a sweet spot about a boot length back from the footwells. Just kick one leg out and put pressure in the sweet spot and the sled tips over nice and the back swings around. I'm loving it so far. Haven't even come close to getting stuck after learning that.
post #7 of 21 Old 02-17-2014, 07:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Nice Man. I have toys for every season, from boats to mud trucks, to quads/dirtbikes and sleds. Plus a few motorcycles. I don't have any long tracks like you, just a sno pro 500 ( the one set up out of the box for snocross) and a sno pro F8 which is a 2012 (the 170hP version). The 500 is studded, and is mad fun in the tight trails being so light and nimble, the 800 is a raped ape. I can be doing 80 down a trail, nail the gas and the sled will spin sideways, just so much power. We have finally gotten quite a bit of snow here in NY where I live, nothing like the lake effect an hour north of me, but yesterday I was hitting 3 foot drifts and jumping them, mad fun. Also was on a buddys MX track and was nailing all the jumps once I went around a few times to make a "track" for myself. Problem with these short tracks is, you need to keep up momentum and the front end up just to keep going through 2-2.5 feet of snow, unlike yours LOL. Wait until you get really used to the rider technique on it, put your opposite foot (say right foot on left side) on the very back of the grips, your correct foot swaying waying out, and do some twisties in the deep snow, where you put the front end up and lean it over and shoot right back around. So much fun. Remember if you have to stop in the deep stuff, try to do so going down hill. Good luck man.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 21 Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 PM

oh yeah and when marking a hill side dont stop at the top no matter how cool you think the pic will be. rolled an 800 Dragon 7 times that way. luckly only broke the uncles lame mirror. So Manitoba? anywhere near Saskatoon? JK just a lame "Grown ups" movie plug. Put a few miles on for me, Im stuck in South Carolina / overseas for the winter.

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
rear seat/ strorage box
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #9 of 21 Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Snoshoe, Manitoba and Saskatchewan are neighboring provinces. Sas is where Dirtwheels girl is from. Spent some time there. One of my last places I went with my last job was Chicoutimi Canada, about 7 hours north of Lake Placid NY, 2.5 hours straight north of Quebec City. I went up there in Mid April, and I left Detroit in shorts and a polo, got there and there was about 8 feet of snow on the ground. All the sleds there had electronic wheels that came down for their skis so they could ride right on the roads. Cool as heck.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #10 of 21 Old 02-17-2014, 02:33 PM

right then, I was just pokin' fun, love that Canadian snow

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
rear seat/ strorage box
PEI fog lights

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode