Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

///Nascar

8K views 39 replies 5 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
Friday I'm heading down to Tn. for the Nascar race at Bristol. I hope to make it there in time for Cup Qualifying. I will be meeting my Uncle there, he headed out this mourning towing the camper. A few days ago my cousin called, and told me he was given free weekend tickets! That's about a $250.00 value for 2 sets of tickets. So were riding together, he is taking his son. And ends up his seats are in the same section as ours, but 4 spots over. He's in row 9 thou. lol. I told him he'd be picking rubber out of his teeth after the race! He don't care he is a total gear head. He has his own garage business. This guy can tell if your running Hi or low octane fuel by smelling the exhaust fumes??? This will be his 1st NASCAR cup race, he is so amped! I took him to the Truck races years ago when they ran at Mansfield Oh. And he's spent his fair share at the Columbus motor speedway.

#34 · (Edited)
There can be over 14 guys wheel changing in F1 !
Wow that certainly is a busy pit stop. It's a wonder those guys don't run over each other. But in video you see them all lined up waiting on the car to arrive. How early are they aloud to line up on pit road? Nascar you can regularly have 6 guys, sometimes they let a 7th to pull a windshield tear off. And like I said before there not aloud on pit road until just before your car gets there (2 pits away).

Here in Ohio we used to have the Grand Prix Cart series at the old Cleveland airport. For some reason they stoped racing there in 2008. My guess the road deteriorated. The place I used to work at, we always were compensated free tickets every year from one of our suppliers. They also feed us a rather nice brunch, including beverages of your choice before the race. It was a good time for sure. The racing there wasn't like Nascar at all. It was a flat wide open road coarse surface. If someone ran off the track, they just got back on. Still exciting to watch. The last time I was there was in 1999. Juan Pablo won that year. He later tried his hand in nascar like Danika Patrick. Not sure what Juan's up to now a days.

Thinking back now I can remember when they raced the F1's through downtown Columbus Ohio! Attached is a old throw back video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WKKJ42QVYM

#35 ·
Helping my uncle knock something off his bucket list. We are going to Batesville Arkansas in the mourning. Mark Martin does a annual fan appriciation day at either one of his dealerships or museum. While in town we will definitely check out the museum, as well as meet Mark and get some stuff autographed. I brang a couple pieces off my Mustang to try and get signed. I also may shop for a car while there, you never know. I imagine he has a gift shop there, maybe just a diecast.

#36 ·
We're back in Batesville!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#37 ·
Mark signing at his dealership and a couple from his museum.

Sent from Mark Martin's dealership. using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Saturday after we got our Jack Roush stuff autographed my uncle ended up trading in his 2013 F150 in on 2017! After the test drive was over and deal negotiations done, the salesman drove my uncle to the airport to have Mark Martin autograph the truck. Mark was dropping J. Roush off to fly back to dega.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#39 · (Edited)
2 years ago I was able to get Mark to sign these 2 pieces from my Roush Mustang. This year I was able to get Jack Roush to autograph them as well. I tried last year at Bristol to get Jack to sign the radiator cover, but never saw him all day. Radiator cover and Roush rear deck trunk tool box.

And yeah I just bought the dealership decal there 2 years ago. I didn't buy the car from Mark, lol

Sent from my Garage using Tapatalk

#40 ·
Just finished watching a awesome Exfinity race. Harrison Burton age 19 son of Jeff Burton, wins his 1st race after inky 12 starts in the series!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.