Big Red - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-09-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Big Red

I know this is a Trx forum, but a lot of people liked my Big Red so...

How many of you agree with me that the Honda 250es big Red is probably the best ATV ever built ???

If I could only own one ATV that would be it...It is the most versatile machine I own. Do yard work in the morn, stomp through the mud in the afternoon, Wheelie,roost, jump and fly around the pit in the evening...

And straight-up bullet proof....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-09-2008, 02:16 PM

i like trikes but no i dont agree that its the best atv ever built, far from it, first of its not even a atv really. that name is more for quads. there fun but there are quads that can do everything you mentoned and still be more stable doing it. trikes were cool but they had flaws.
post #3 of 20 Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to KTM265
Our resident know it all on here is showing his lack of knowledge again. The 3 wheels are considered ATVs and most states require ATV tags on them too...same tag as the 4 wheel ATVs.

The old trikes are what started the ATV revolution...We should probably thank some sue happy a-hole for taking the 3 wheel design to court and forcing the the modern day quad design that we have now. In their time, Honda had the best one on the market, even today in the hands of someone who knows how to ride them they are fun machines to watch. I have ridden just about everything with wheels for off-road...bikes, trikes, quads, jeeps, trucks...etc... The trikes don't rank at the top of my list but then again, I don't own one and ride it every weekend. I do give them the respect and tip of the hat for being the beginning of what we have now...

post #4 of 20 Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I loved my 1985 200X, but I think quads are a little more versatile, and stable obviously. But it was a TON of fun, and I hope to get another someday.
post #5 of 20 Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Okay..Here is the scenario...You can only have one machine....
That machine has to do everything what would it be ????
post #6 of 20 Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's so tough, and it will probably vary between people, but I'd say.....

TRX700XX
Wolverine 350
Renegade
KFX700

Just my 2 cents though.
post #7 of 20 Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM

A Wolverine 550. No, it doesn't exist, but a recent review in Dirt Wheels actually had a good idea. It was a shootout between the Scrambler, Renegade 500 and the Wolverine. I would think the Wolverine with the Grizz 550 engine AND IRS would be a pretty good machine. If Can Am could shave some weight off the Renegade 500, add power steering and shrink the chassis down a little, it would be great. The Scrambler is VERY outdated, but obviously is a good machine because they haven't changed them in like, well, forever.
post #8 of 20 Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 AM

I would probably go with the Renegade... 4X4, sport, big bore...Pretty much a machine for all situations... I don't think it would be as much fun as the KFX700 or the 700XX though.
post #9 of 20 Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265 View Post
I would probably go with the Renegade... 4X4, sport, big bore...Pretty much a machine for all situations... I don't think it would be as much fun as the KFX700 or the 700XX though.

I don't know if you've rode a Renegade, but they are a BIG machine. You can't even open up the 800 on the trail. The steering is pretty stiff on them as well. It is a very cool machine, but to be "perfect", it definitely needs to be a little smaller and they should add a EPS unit to help with handling. Heck, even the EPS unit would help a lot. I haven't rode a 500 yet, but from everything you read they supposedly handle quite a bit better than the 800. I just can't see buying a 500 when there is an 800 sitting right next to it though!
post #10 of 20 Old 11-12-2008, 02:13 PM

I don't think there is a true "perfect machine" for all types of riding. For a machine that can probably do the most would be the KFX700. I'm not saying that because I'm a Kaw fan but those machines can do anything and do it well... About the only thing they are not recommended for is the mud bogs and that is because they are too heavy to lift out of the mud. Without the 4X4 they are handicapped in the deep mud... That is where the 4X4 Ren really has the edge...the 4X4 makes the steering heavy.

I would love to see Honda come out with a 4X4 option on their 700xx...Now that would be a true fun machine...and work well in pretty much all conditions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode