Any new - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Any new

So are there any new 700xx still lurking around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
A little while back a dealer from New Mexico claimed to have some, idk if he still does. I think he was asking 6K.

sent using tappetalk!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

My fear is that (like someone else said in another recent post) I will drive 5 hours for one of these low hour machines to find something that has been chewed up, but looks decent in a picture.

post #4 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
My fear is that (like someone else said in another recent post) I will drive 5 hours for one of these low hour machines to find something that has been chewed up, but looks decent in a picture.
The story of my life. Nearly every quad I've looked at in the past month looks like it has been thrashed. I have a '99 400ex and it's no where near as ragged as some of these "low hour" quads. I take care of my stuff. It is clear that many others on Craigslist don't. To make matters worse are the ridiculous prices some are demanding.

Oh, well...

Keep searching. Eventually we will find a good deal for a fair price.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

There are a couple of "low hour" machines in my area. Also one that was rebuilt.....

However I have to sell my LTR first :(
post #6 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Can a dealer determine hours on a 700?
post #7 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
Can a dealer determine hours on a 700?
Not that I'm aware of. If it's advertised low hours, look for original tire with the paint lines on them. If you can see paint lines on rear tires, that means extremely low hours. Paint on just the front, still low hours but more than a few rides.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

would you shy away from one with a recent rebuild?
post #9 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
It would really depend who did the rebuild. Was it done at a Honda shop or just a guy who fixes things. Look for wear on the front lower a arms. And rubbing on the engine case on shifter side. Also stock tires will tell a lot but I've got a set of stock tires with paint lines on em still that I could put on just to sell the quad so that's a strike against that. Look for gouges in the front bumper and skid plates. Check the chain area around the rear sprocket. Those are all areas on my xx that are starting to show their wear on my xx and ride mine really quite hard. Things like that are what I would look for plus things like the grips and indicators on the bar. Do the little images still have white paint in them or is it worn off for example the hi/lo indicator. There some that come for sale here in manitoba every so often that usually look in pretty good shape. When I got mine almost two years ago I rode it once then took it to a mechanic to get valves done and he said from the looks of things from his opinion it was a very low hour machine.
post #10 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 07:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdenkush View Post
I've got a set of stock tires with paint lines on em still that I could put on just to sell the quad so that's a strike against that.
yea obviously if its beat to shit and tires are new, then yea probably not a low hour machine...

Last edited by M_Quick; 06-10-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode