If you didn't own a 700xx, what would you be riding? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 08-15-2014, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If you didn't own a 700xx, what would you be riding?

If I had not found the Honda 700xx, I think I would ended up with a different, but similar quad. The more I look on-line at different quads and vids, I think I would end up with a Raptor 700, but I would seriously miss the IRS...

Last edited by Dragula; 08-15-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 08-15-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
If I could afford a Renegade, I would buy one.

But I hope to keep my Trx700xx going for awhile, cause I really like it. I find myself stock piling new and used parts, when I find them cheap. In fact today I received, oil tank & over flow bucket w/lines, and a set of rear knuckles and hubs. I already have the lower arms and a new set of rear hub bearings. I have a few spare parts for the front as well. I figure down the road i may need something, and retail on a oem oil tank is almost $200, over flow bucket's are cheap as long as they keep making them. i think i paid $35 for the pair with full set of lines.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 43 Old 08-15-2014, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Those come with a hefty price tag...Have you ridden one? Would love to try some others out just to see what they are like..

post #4 of 43 Old 08-15-2014, 08:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula View Post
Those come with a hefty price tag...Have you ridden one? Would love to try some others out just to see what they are like..
Road my buddy's in the above video, but not very long. I don't like to borrow or loan expensive items. Just in case of a mishap, It's bad enough when your quad blows up, but could you imagine if someone's else did while you were riding it?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 43 Old 08-15-2014, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Well, it certainly doesn't need bigger lugs on the tires...Looks pretty cool too...Can't say I have riden anything like that. I got a few minutes on a buddy's 660 grizzly...No wheelies there....
post #6 of 43 Old 08-15-2014, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
If I wasn't on the xx I'd definitely be riding either a can am renegade 1000xxc or a polaris scrambler 1000. I love my xx but eventually I will update to one of those two machines unless something else equally rediculous comes out. My next quad is not going to be a sport quad. Mostly because I don't like any of the options out there right now. And I'd like to see what I can do with a 4x4 monster. The only thing about them I don't care for is the price. It's pretty hard to justify spending 15-25k (modded to hell and back ) on a toy. But for now my xx keeps me smiling so no reason to mess with a good thing.
post #7 of 43 Old 08-16-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Interesting....Eveyone seems to be gravitating towards the 4wd quads which has probably been going on a while now...Heck I was in the Can Am/Polaris store this morning, and they don't even sell any sport quads anymore, only 4wd quads. I always hated the dark green things with racks all over them like they are for carring a bail of hay...No fun in that I always thought.

Well, if I was going to spend $14k, I would be looking at a side by sides first, but that's really getting up there. I don't get to ride a lot of the other stuff out there, so its tuff to tell what I would like....I am curious why you guys like those two quads?
post #8 of 43 Old 08-16-2014, 05:13 PM

Garage
The Renegade and Scrambler are not a typical 4x4. They are like a cross-platform, a little of both. I've road in and driven RzR's before, and I don't think there for me. While under ppwer they don't seam bad, but at slow speeds they are a rattle cage. I'm decent size and feel I would dwarf any other sport quad, besides the Trx700.

post #9 of 43 Old 08-16-2014, 05:13 PM

Garage
I've seen both those quads (renegade+scrambler) in action and they are absolute beasts if set up properly. Plus for a 4x4 they are fast as snot. I haven't raced on yet but I don't imagine the xx could beat a 1000cc 4x4. They are fast these days. Had a stock 11 polaris 850xp stay right on my ass in a race down a gravel road.and his old lady was riding with him. I was mildly shocked to say the least considering they weigh nearly or more than 200lbs more than a xx. Plus I think if I wanted a machine to be as exciting as the xx is I would definitely be looking at a 1000cc machine. They would be all that would compare to the xx for power and all around enjoyment. And as far as 4x4's go they are the two models that are the most "sport" oriented at the moment.
post #10 of 43 Old 08-16-2014, 09:42 PM

Those can am renegades are awesome I would definitely have one of those if I had the cash for one. Or a can am outlander xmr

Flint Michigan Vehicle City!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode