Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Let's just talk about random stuff - you know anything (RANDOM BS INSIDE)

299K views 2K replies 114 participants last post by  Jmm24 
#1 ·
OK, I'll start.

I got offered a job today! (no Atlanta, not that kind of job)

LMAO!

#4 ·
I'll probably accept. It's located in Hammond, LA and is about 50 miles from where I live now. It's also 1/3 of what I was making before...but it's a job. It sounds like I'll be over a group of other managers. I interviewed for my old position back at the state which I drove a round trip of over 1000 miles for them to ask me 8 questions that could ave ben totally handled over the phone. They already knew me and also knew that I could do the work since I had a letter of recommendation from the director over the project that I was working. Anyway I was told that II would hear from them and also by another job I applied for "later" this week.

IMO they would all be until the big gig comes up with the Feds in January. (I know it's an "if" but I'm thinking positively.)

#5 ·
Congrats on the job offer. With the job market today any offer is a good offer. I guess I'm lucky... my job is very recession proof, I run a non profit alcohol and drug facility and we are not connected to any state or fed money that can be cut off or reduced. Actually, when the economy gets bad is also when we get more clients.

#7 ·
Did anyone see the jet powered quad on The Speed Channel's "PINKS: All Outtakes"?

I caught it last night and just had to DVR it. I think the quad started life as a Yami because of the blue plastic, but had been stretched and had a jet engine out of a helicopter in it. That sucker was bad ass, but you'd have to be quite nuts to ride it in the 1/4 mile... I think I'm that nuts, count me in for a ride.

#10 ·
Sorry, I can't view video posts for some reason... I think my computer is way too old and my OS is way out of date... 98SE. It's OK to laugh at me for my crappy computer and OS.

The outtake was from a race in Kent, WA.

If I could figure out how to get the clip from my Comcast box to a disk or VCR, I'd post it.

#11 ·
I just checked youtube and the blue quad is the one. I wanna ride it.

#13 ·
How about Black Rock Desert in Gerlach, NV. 37x12 miles of dry lake bed?

#15 ·
I think I'd do it with just my boots and helmet... in the buff. If I'm going to let it all hang out just getting on the thing, I might as well go all the way.

Now that I've put that picture in your minds, I've got to log off and actually do some work.

#20 ·
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Seeing me do something like that would...

A. Make you go blind
B. Make you go insane
C. Give you nightmares
D. All of the above

Hint: I'm 61 years old. :lmao:

#22 ·
#23 ·
Ok scuzz , I hope you get the job.
Heres something to make you smile ,It was on my homepage this morning.
A gang of yobs atacked two women , They got a shock as they where.
A pair of transvestite cage fighters.
This made me smile and knew there is a GOD after all.
:birds::birds::birds::birds::birds::birds:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.