Possible New Owner - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-31-2014, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Possible New Owner

Hey guys, I see alot of good info here. Ive got a few questions. I have the opportunity to buy one these machines at a very good price from a friend of mine. The top end is currently torn apart, but all the parts are still there plus some. He has a cylinderworks big bore kit still in box, and a stroker crank still in box. The bike has a full hmf exhaust. It needs two valves rplaced, but thats easy stuff.

My questions are.. to those of you that own one.. sell me this machine.. what do you like about it. Why is it better than the others. I currently own a yamaha banshee. That quad is lightening fast, but I have to maintain it alot and sometimes I just want the ease of the electric start and fuel injection. The guy I ride with has a raptor 700 that is also really fast.. can I keep up? Will I be able to buy parts for this thing since they only made it for like 2 years?

Hit me up with your replies guys cause im pretty sure im gonna dive into this project just because it such a good deal..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-31-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've rode other sports quads but hands down not a chance would I give my trx700xx up for another sport quad. The independent rear suspension is amazing in the trails plenty of power all my friends want one after they rode mine. My dad even wants one. Get some black rims and a headlight cover and it looks like the batmobile of quads.

Flint Michigan Vehicle City!
post #3 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Da nananana batman! Ha, the thanks for the reply. Anybody else have some input? Will I be able to get pays for this t hing for the next 5 to 7 years? Will it hang with the raptor? Anyone have any experience with one with a big bore kit and stroker?

post #4 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgspahn View Post
Da nananana batman! Ha, the thanks for the reply. Anybody else have some input? Will I be able to get pays for this t hing for the next 5 to 7 years? Will it hang with the raptor? Anyone have any experience with one with a big bore kit and stroker?
No experience with big bore and stroker, but just from my own personal experience, Raptors can't hang with me!

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM

It will hang with any quad out there but in the trails it's hard for anything to hang with me. My buddy has a cr250r 2 stroke dirtbike and it rips but can't hang in the trails in northern michigan he can't go over really rocky conditions and handle tree roots like the xx. It has about 11 inches of ground clearance so the only thing you can't hang with is a 4x4 in the mud

Flint Michigan Vehicle City!
post #6 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Well it's a honda so parts should be fairly easy to find. Now some parts are not usually in stock and take a couple weeks to come in but everything is still available. Plenty of used parts too. I say we will be good for the next 5 years, after that we may be scrounging.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-02-2014, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies guys. Where do yall go for aftermarket parts? Im used to yamahas and there are certain builders that mainly work on and sell parts for raptors and banshees... any folks like that mainly work or sell stuff for the 700xx?
post #8 of 11 Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM

Garage
I'd like to say that a xx can hang with almost any stock 4x4 with proper tires and 13t front sprocket. I have zillas on the back and I can go through as much and at times more than my buddy's stock grizzly 700. And we have a Polaris sportsman 500 with bearclaws that cant touch me in the mud. Also with the setup i have i can water wheelie in deep stuff as well as anybody. And I haven't met a raptor yet or any sport quad really that could keep up to my xx. They are stupid fast on the trails Im always having to wait for people when we ride and I rarely have to go past 3rd gear and I'm gone. There is nothing better than watching solid rear axle sport quads get stuck and I just idle through with room to spare. I've beat the tits off mine for two years hard now and it runs and rides like the day I bought it. The reliability on the xx is amazing. I've had water over the seat and in tge airbox on numerous occasions and never a sputter. I'd but a second xx in a heartbeat if I had the spare coin. I've ridden raptors on more than one occasion and wasn't impressed with the handling compared to the xx. The power is close but stock for stock the xx is faster by a bike length or two. I'd like to tell you to definitely buy it but ultimately it's a preference thing and totally up to you. But if you do but it you will never be disappointed with your purchase. Plus they are kind of rare and you don't hardly ever see another out there. But I've seen a shit ton of raptors. Only my two cents though.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-05-2014, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

I went ahead and bought it. Supposed to go pick it up this weekend but I have to work. Ill shoot yall some pics when I have a chance. Called up ehs racing and got a little bit of a plan together.. Im excited!
post #10 of 11 Old 09-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Jgspahn,
Congratulations on your purchase. I can feel your excitement. Can't wait to see some pictures. Sounds like some mods are being planned.
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode