User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-11-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How to protect my exhaust?

Here goes an odd thread.

So I like to do wheelies but sometimes I go too far and end up hitting the grab bar on the ground (accidents happen). So I'm worried because I have expensive FMF exhaust on my quad and the muffler is longer than stock. It sticks out as far as my grab bar and I'm worried it will get damaged if it hits the ground.

I was thinking about getting the Baja grab bar from PRM but I don't know if it sticks out farther and I don't know if it would take an impact against the ground either? Maybe someone knows another cheap grab bar that would?

Option 2 could be to be cheap and add something to the stock grab bar but I don't want it to be ugly.

Suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 700xx red/black
UNI air filter, EHS EFI controller, Moose 13T sprocket, JnJ Skid plates, DDM HID headlight, L8ton 9/16 sway bar, IMS Fuel tank, FMF Factory 4.1 with spark/quiet insert, FMF Powerbomb header with wrap, Superwinch, Garmin eTrex 30 GPS w/ ram mount, Pro Taper SE Handlebar, ITP T-9 GP front wheels, Alba nerf bars, DS 450 XMX front shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-12-2014, 11:49 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
more then likely any aftermarket bar you buy wont work with the fmf exhaust best bet would bout to try to rig something up or dont wheelie

Prm Desert II bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfbars Silver/Black
Alba Gas Cap Red
DWT .190 with GBC XC-Master 22x7 Front
DWT .190 with GBC X-REX 20X11-10 Rear
EHS Air Lid
EHS Controller
BigGun EVO-R Full Exhaust
UNI Filter
Tusk 30mm Riser Extenders
post #3 of 7 Old 12-13-2014, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
You may look into the X Country grab bar from Blingstar. I am not 100% sure if they make it for our machine, but my buddy has one on his KFX and it would do exactly what you need it to do. My friends pipe sticks out a few inches and the bar definitely sticks out further. The black one actually looks pretty bada$$.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.2 KB, 7 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where youíre at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!

post #4 of 7 Old 12-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Garage
Close up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.7 KB, 11 views)

Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where youíre at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-13-2014, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
I think the 6pack racks will work PRM or DG. The DG sits higher up above the rear brake light. The PRM sits below, I haven't had time to fit my PRM. I hope it clears okay.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 12-13-2014 at 12:30 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-13-2014, 02:08 PM

Garage
Good ca,ll M quick. Yeah, I bet the 6 pack rack would do.

Hey M Quick, I know that you have been on here for awhile, by here I mean this forum. I would like to ask you a question if I may. If we need to move this to another forum or if I need to PM you, just let me know.

I am am having a helluva time finding a good set of rear beadlock wheels for this thing. I mean, I have seen the OMF sight where they say that they have the the factory offset 11x7 5+2 wheels available for the rears and they also have 10x8 4+4 and 10x7 4+3 offset wheels. Any thoughts on these?

I also saw where D Bergstrom had some that he sold on this thread: https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8713

I PM'd him, but thought I would ask you as well. Again, feel free to move this to another forum if you feel it necessary.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I think the 6pack racks will work PRM or DG. The DG sits higher up above the rear brake light. The PRM sits below, I haven't had time to fit my PRM. I hope it clears okay.

post #7 of 7 Old 12-13-2014, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I may be able to help you out AmericanZero since I've been looking into beadlocks as well for the past month.

I contacted OmF and they quoted me a very high price. They offer 2 different wheels for the 700xx. One a billet center and the other a traditional Douglas wheel. I asked for a quote on both of them with black powder coated rims and red beadlock rings and the quote was $1500 for the billet centers and around $1250 for the regular Douglas wheels. That's before shipping. There is no weight difference between billet or Douglas centers but what I like about the billet centers is that they have a nice offset of 4.7+2.3 which would widen the rear by about a 2/3 of an inch. Not drastic but better than nothing.

Hipers have a very different rear offset. If I remember correctly, it's right around 4+3.5 so they should widen the rear by about 3 inches. They are a lot cheaper though, at least I've been able to find them cheaper for the xx. ATVGalaxy is selling a set of 4 for 900 dollars and 1250 with razr2s.

Me personally, I'll probably end up going with the Hipers for my red bike, and then send my current DWT rims in to OMF for my black one. I'll probably go with 3+2 front rims with the Hipers though to counter the rear width. I figure I can always switch rims/tires if they are too wide for a given trail.

Last edited by Jmm24; 12-13-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode