Front fender flares or extenders? Make them? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-19-2009, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front fender flares or extenders? Make them?

I was riding in the rain, or right after the rain the other day and noticed that the front tires throw the water right up into your face if there was even a hint of a breeze. It REALLY sucked going through wet grass. And going through mud - it is amazing how much more mud I get on me than my buddy with a Kawi Brute Force 650 (expected). So, what would you recommend for front flares or extenders? What type of plastic/rubber material should I use? Just cut the material to shape, drill fender and install with the proper fasteners? Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Does no one else have problems with this, or does no one want to drill their fenders? Looks like rubber baseboard that is used in schools/cheap apartments may do the job quite cheap and well. Now I need to find the time and see if it will work.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-21-2009, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the same problem but it's just part of riding a sport machine so I deal with it. Water and mud do not bother me when I'm riding. I think it's fun getting covered in mud when all the other utilities guys are squeaky clean. But what's even more fun is if you let one of them catch up to you and plaster them with mud Why so many utility riders wear white t-shirts is beyond me.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black

post #4 of 12 Old 11-21-2009, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

I hear ya - I just don't like the water thrown up into my eyes. The stock rears don't throw very much mud for me - I am sure that your RAZR's throw it quite well. Wish I would have experimented with the flares before today - I live in central IL, and we have had SOOOO much rain recently! But who's complaining - I'm going riding this afternoon!!!!
post #5 of 12 Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM

Easy solution is to either wear goggles or riding glasses. Even when I'm riding in my yard I never ride without some sort of eye protection.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #6 of 12 Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdugan View Post
I was riding in the rain, or right after the rain the other day and noticed that the front tires throw the water right up into your face if there was even a hint of a breeze. It REALLY sucked going through wet grass. And going through mud - it is amazing how much more mud I get on me than my buddy with a Kawi Brute Force 650 (expected). So, what would you recommend for front flares or extenders? What type of plastic/rubber material should I use? Just cut the material to shape, drill fender and install with the proper fasteners? Thanks guys!
I agree with you jsdugan just not sure what the answer is...I don't want to stay clean like utility guys but I also don't need to get muddy when I ride it through the grass to the back of the house...so i have no clue..

2008 700xx - Pro Armor bumper, ITP T9 rims, ITP XCT tires, 13T Front sprocket
post #7 of 12 Old 11-22-2009, 07:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THREESVTS View Post
Easy solution is to either wear goggles or riding glasses. Even when I'm riding in my yard I never ride without some sort of eye protection.
I agree, goggles are just as important as a helmet

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM

wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdugan View Post
I had the same problem, so i went to Walmart, and i brought a set of pad for pick up truck. It's already cut the shape of the fenders and i bolt it . For the back, i brought rubber floor mat and cut it to fit behind the heel gards. It does'n cut all the mud, but it help keep the googles a little bit cleaner !!!! I was a motorcycle guy,for 45 years, i am 66 years old, so after my XR650, i am very glad i choose the TRX 700 xx !
post #9 of 12 Old 11-23-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
I had the same problem, so i went to Walmart, and i brought a set of pad for pick up truck. It's already cut the shape of the fenders and i bolt it . For the back, i brought rubber floor mat and cut it to fit behind the heel gards. It does'n cut all the mud, but it help keep the googles a little bit cleaner !!!! I was a motorcycle guy,for 45 years, i am 66 years old, so after my XR650, i am very glad i choose the TRX 700 xx !
What do you mean by a set of pad? I tried to think what it could be, but my mind is about done for the night. The floor mats for the rear sound simple enough. I hope to do the work on Wednesday - so hopefully I get to find out what you used on the front. Thanks!
post #10 of 12 Old 11-25-2009, 02:14 PM

Maier

Makes one for the rear fender http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?ac...101&makeid=100

but you might be able to make it work for the front fenders

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode