Anyone know my frustration? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 03-10-2015, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Anyone know my frustration?

I am the type of person that is not brand loyal towards material items. I like Ford,Chevy,Dodge, Honda,Yamaha, etc but I have never noticed so much hatred towards something until I bought my 700xx. I know the I.R.S and styling are not gonna be appealing to some people but jeez, it's the black sheep of the ATV community. It seems any time someone asks a question about them on one of the Facebook pages, majority of the replies say "junk", "piece of bleep", "over weight, slow pig's" and so on. I know the quad has it's limitations but find me one that doesn't. I took mine to the dunes this past weekend, surprisingly it got a lot of attention cause none of the guys I rode with had seen one in action before but I was riding with knobbies, so I couldn't race their Raptors to see how well I would do. They all had to mention the 80ish extra pounds the Honda weighs but they weighed 100lbs more then me, so the weights were offset at that point. It's just annoying how people can consider something junk, when half of them have never even ridden whatever they are talking about. I have owned vehicles from other manufacturers and yes, I liked some more then others and no the 700xx isn't my favorite quad of all time but I would never consider it junk, just cause it's not the fastest quad around or not the lightest. It doesn't get the credit it deserves, I rode all day and never got fatigued, wasn't sore the next day, never got stuck and it ran great! Some poor girl was riding with us on a stock 400ex with dirt tires and she constantly kept getting stuck.

Last edited by TaintedStang; 03-10-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 03-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
TaintedStang,
Upon reading the threads/posts on this forum, many other opinions of the TRX700XX will emerge that will, I hope, give you another perspective. These machines are different but in a wonderful way. With the 4 wheel independent suspension and a dry sump oiling system plus many other different features that may or may not be available on other bikes, this machine stands out with good looks, high performance and reliability that is heads and shoulders above many others. It also has a reverse in the transmission. Even the 2015 Honda 450 is still in the Stone Age without a reverse. Yes, the XX isn't made anymore but is highly sought after. The suspension did have some issues but was easily remedied with the addition of new shocks or re-springing them.
If you enjoy the machine, who cares what others think/say. You own it and should be proud of it. You have come to the right place for many and varied opinions of the machine but generally speaking is mostly good.
Sid
post #3 of 35 Old 03-10-2015, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Don't get me wrong, I do like the quad. It would just be nice if we didn't have to deal with so many idiot's. LOL I don't see why people can't be open minded like me. Right now I own the Honda and a Kawasaki KFX 700, the Kawasaki gets a lot of hate as well but the reason people hate both quads is what appeals to me.

post #4 of 35 Old 03-10-2015, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
People can be ignorant fools. The 700xx is a great quad, and probably the most innovative thing Honda has done in decades. Unfortunately, Honda's timing sucked and the recession pretty much killed it. I have an Outlaw IRS which also gets its share of vocal haters. I went to IRS because of my back. If others don't like it, fine, they don't have to ride it. In the meantime it allows me continue to ride quads, which I love, and allows me to ride all day without getting beat up, which my back loves. If there had been any 700xx's available when I was in the market I probably would have had another Honda in my garage. Ride on and enjoy what you have. You got some good quads.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 35 Old 03-10-2015, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkangel View Post
People can be ignorant fools. The 700xx is a great quad, and probably the most innovative thing Honda has done in decades. Unfortunately, Honda's timing sucked and the recession pretty much killed it. I have an Outlaw IRS which also gets its share of vocal haters. I went to IRS because of my back. If others don't like it, fine, they don't have to ride it. In the meantime it allows me continue to ride quads, which I love, and allows me to ride all day without getting beat up, which my back loves. If there had been any 700xx's available when I was in the market I probably would have had another Honda in my garage. Ride on and enjoy what you have. You got some good quads.
Thanks! I really feel as though I have the two best trail quads ever made. It's funny you say that cause I looked for an Outlaw 525 but none were available near me and I knew the Honda was worth getting. I see you live in the Northwest. What state?
post #6 of 35 Old 03-11-2015, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
I see your amusement. after riding both the 700 and the 400ex, each machine is special in its own way and you need to ride it so. both machines are wheelie monsters, you can just about take both machines anywhere just not exactly the same.
People that talk bad usually haven't pushed the machine, so are just running around repeating what their friends have said.
Ride, live, enjoy
Remember one does not simply walk up and kiss a Wookie.

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #7 of 35 Old 03-11-2015, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I love my 700xx. Some others that had low opinions of them but hadn't ridden one are just stupid... I've let a few friends ride mine and the general reaction is: "Holy crap, that thing is fast". How fast? I took my 700xx to Pismo Dunes with sand tires and lined up with anyone... I lost only one race... to a highly modded Banshee, nobody else even came close, including several Raptors. I was way behind the Banshee when he launched and couldn't catch up.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Last edited by roadkill; 03-11-2015 at 01:59 PM.
post #8 of 35 Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

I can't wait to get a chance to race a stock Raptor to see how I do. I tried finding videos on YouTube but none are really a good example, either one quad has more modifications or one of the riders suck.
post #9 of 35 Old 03-11-2015, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedStang View Post
Thanks! I really feel as though I have the two best trail quads ever made. It's funny you say that cause I looked for an Outlaw 525 but none were available near me and I knew the Honda was worth getting. I see you live in the Northwest. What state?
Oregon. If you ever want to hit the dunes, we'll ride with ya...no judgments.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

post #10 of 35 Old 03-12-2015, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

I was at Sand Lake last weekend but I don't know when I will be back again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode