Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Best camera? Need some input.

7K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
Go Pro?
Contour?
Epic?

I've read the best reviews about the GoPro, but it is friggin huge! I like the size of the Contour and Epic. I know some of you guys have them, so please share your opinions!

#2 · (Edited)
I have a go pro I liked it except mine was defective. It would shut off by itself after a few mins of recording. They where great to deal with in returning it. But when I rolled it was an the bars and snapped off...it says it was shock proof but it never turned on again after that...
Nash04 takes get videos with his!

(no Joe I just sent it out)

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1817

TJ Blak92 he just ordered a contour...

#3 ·
I only have experience with the GoPro and the ATC2K. The ATC2K was very affordable but the quality isn't that of the GoPro. The ATC2K has a better battery life but that's where it ends.

The GoPro shoots WAY better video and has a wide-angle lense that give you better depth perception as far as what is going on. If you get the GoPro with all the mounts - it's pretty versitile.

So far I haven't had any buddies with any issues with either.

#6 ·
GOPRO just came out with a new one with rechargable battery and hi-def 1080. makes me want to say a few bad words since i juat bought my regular gopro a while back but i wont.lol but i do ilke my go pro

#7 ·
I love my gopro

#11 ·
Sorry to bump an old post but have you guys heard of the Liquid Image Impact Series Goggles? A camera that's installed inside the goggles. I've been trying to do some research about them but I haven't really found any solid reviews about them. I assume that they're pretty new to the market. If they're any good, which the videos of them don't look bad, I'd be killing two birds with one stone since I need new goggles and I had been wanting a camera for a while.

I'd just like to reassure myself with someone else's opinion of them before I go hungry for them and make a bad decision.

#12 · (Edited)
Sorry to bump an old post but have you guys heard of the Liquid Image Impact Series Goggles? A camera that's installed inside the goggles. I've been trying to do some research about them but I haven't really found any solid reviews about them. I assume that they're pretty new to the market. If they're any good, which the videos of them don't look bad, I'd be killing two birds with one stone since I need new goggles and I had been wanting a camera for a while.

I'd just like to reassure myself with someone else's opinion of them before I go hungry for them and make a bad decision.

Acording to this you will be waiting till fall of 2011, I think the 720p is avail. now. So I'd get some cheap goggles for now. And wait for the full 1080's

http://www.liquidimageco.com/products/offroad/impact-series-hd-1080-black.php

#13 · (Edited)
M Quick,
Now that is real innovation!!!! I haven't bought a camera because I don't want to drill holes in my helmet of stick something to it. This design is a real break-through if the quality, image and customer support are as good as the Go Pro. My only concern is that there may be a serious interference problem with helmet upper portion near the visor on a Motocross type helmet. I hope that Summit Series fits OK. I sure want one. "M", as you pointed, out definitely need to do more research.
Thanks for this link to the web site.
Sid

#15 ·
lol, I wouldn't be to sure about riding trails with the $179 go pro. Let alone trust a 1k plus unit on my helmet, while dodging low limbs.

#16 ·
#18 ·
GoPro HD 1080P

Hey it’s almost my B-day! And the wife surprised me with a GoPro Hd 1080p camera! I’m looking for any mounting tips. I know it says room temperature, and clean helmet. I was wondering if I should apply alcohol to the mounting area 1st, and I’m surprised it didn’t come with a wipe or two. I mean for $ 279.00 come on. Also wondering about the video mode, what’s best to shoot in? One would think the highest 1080p, but that says 30fps. And in 720p it will shot at 30 fps and 60fps. So I am looking for info on those two things, and or anything else someone has to offer, thanks.

#20 ·
Thanks, from what I read in the paper work, it says the 60fps mode is just good for slow motion viewing? And the 720 is widest angle. And to use 1080p for highest quality, and it shoots a 25% narrower than the 720 mode. 127 degree in 1080p full hd mode and all other modes are 170 degree of view. I would think like you, the faster you ride you would need the 60fps, but IDK that’s why I am posting. What about the mounting tips, you ever have a mount come loose or fall off?

#22 ·
And wth is this for? I dont even see it in parts listed!

#24 ·
#23 ·
Thanks tbird88, I've been wanting one of these for awhile now. I think I will try it out tommorow. I am sure it will take time to dial in the right angle. And then you need software to edit the footage. I thought it would of come with that to for the price of these little buggers.

#25 ·
And then you need software to edit the footage.

that sucks because thats where i would have trouble because i am new to this stuff,meaning i dont own one but gona get when a good deal comes around:xx:

#26 ·
Hey, I know nothing about GoPro style cameras. But in general, 60 fps shooting gives you a big leg up when you slow the video down later. So it excels in slow motion video, but is no worse than 30fps in fast motion video. If I had the memory card space for it, 720p 60fps would be the option I'd choose there. Larger file sizes than the 720p 30fps, but wider angle and higher frame rate than the 1080p.

Also, something to think about--I've got an extremely nice 60" TV. And on it, I can only tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when the little info bar pops up telling me what I'm watching. So maybe that's because I don't know crap about it, but it could also be that there's not that much difference between the two in viewable quality. Of course, if you wanted to export some still shots out of a video, it would be a different story.

Good luck!

#27 ·
Awesome--double post.

#32 · (Edited)
Okay I feel like a nimrod. I now know how to put the little white bushing in. I was tying it before snaping the 2 pieces together. That wont work but it will slip right in later. And we called place where the wife bought the camera. And they said bring it back, and they will refund us our money and sell it back to us for the new msrp of $239. Was nice of them at ironpony. Cause there policy is no returns on electronics, once opened.
Wish they had the hero 2 a week before cause it looks sweet! 11 meg camera and 120fps in 720p mode, wow!!!

#34 ·
My GoPro wont work, records for about a minute then shuts down. Ready to see how it does bouncing of a baseball bat.:steamed:

#37 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.