So the Long Time GF Now Wants An ATV - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 03-25-2015, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So the Long Time GF Now Wants An ATV

We have been looking to get her one since late last year, and she finally has the cash....

She was all hung up on a Brute Force 750 with Mud tires, but I did some checking and they lack good ground clearance, have a horrible diff locker and an over steer issue.....So I got her looking at the Artic Cat 700 XT two seater with PS, and maybe one step up an Outlander, but those are tough to come by used. We might go a little above $6k...but not sure how far, so the used Outlanders seem to be out.

The only ones she has really ridden are my buddies Yamaha 700 Grizzly, my kids 200 Polaris Phoenix and she attempted to ride my 700xx which she just left in 2nd and puttered around the house on.....What do your significant others like riding? And don't be a wise ass...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My wife rides an 04 Kawasaki KFX 700. She is a fairly experienced rider, so she can handle any sport quad but she and I both love to ride the Kawasaki. Kawasaki should have just kept the 4x4 system and made something similar to the Renegade but I love the automatic for days that I want to just cruise around and the torque of the V-Twin will get you up any hill climb you come across.
post #3 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
thread hi-jacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedStang View Post
My wife rides an 04 Kawasaki KFX 700. She is a fairly experienced rider, so she can handle any sport quad but she and I both love to ride the Kawasaki. Kawasaki should have just kept the 4x4 system and made something similar to the Renegade but I love the automatic for days that I want to just cruise around and the torque of the V-Twin will get you up any hill climb you come across.
don`t mean to hi-jack here, but, does anyone have any experience w/ a renegade? I like high performance, but miss the 4 wheel drive, really liked the 700 kingquad I used to have. if I could find one to trade for , I`d like a 750 I think. curious about the renegade, looks super heavy!

post #4 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedStang View Post
That's the straight axle 2wd correct? I always liked those, especially in black. My last one was a kfx 400 and I was going to buy the 450r before I found my 700xx...

Our trails, we need at least one rider with 4wd and independent suspension....They are muddy all year just about and with all the riders gouging them out, the 700xx does well, but I eventually get stuck.
post #5 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 05:33 PM

Yeah, that is the quad. I hate trail riding where guys on the big 4x4's ride as well, cause they ruts everything up to the point you can't ride them without having big tires as well.
post #6 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Garage
6k you can get a new Outlander L 450 4x4. Or Polaris 2015 Model Sportsman® ETX

I like the Brute Force, in fact I almost got a 650, when I bought my Trx700...

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
6k you can get a new Outlander L 450 4x4. Or Polaris 2015 Model Sportsman® ETX

I like the Brute Force, in fact I almost got a 650, when I bought my Trx700...
Polaris is out due to the many reliability complaints and we looked at the reviews on-line about the Brute Force, and it too has a few glitches to it....

Unfortunately she wants to wait to hear back from the bank on the part she is financing without putting a deposit down on the one two seater we found, and I would bet its gone by tomorrow. Its a lot more than I thought she would spend, so we will see.
post #8 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 06:36 PM

If I bought a big bore 4x4 quad, it would be a Brute Force or Can Am.
post #9 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Looks like she put a deposit on this one....They get good reviews and the color matches my hot rod....

http://www.i79hondamazda.com/2014-Ar...-15349/4871765
post #10 of 26 Old 03-26-2015, 08:33 PM

Nice! I have always liked Arctic Cat, they are popular here in Oregon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode