any suggestions for gps. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any suggestions for gps.

I am going to get a gps unit for x-mas, but not sure what kind or type to get.. dont want to spend a lot of $$... i want to use it mainly for quad riding... should i get a hand held type or regular car type? i know garmin is good, but curious what others have... thanks.....time to smoke up the trails....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM

I have Garmin Gpsmap 76 got it on fleabay for $76 and love it. It has been discontinued but works well, it's waterproof and very light. Get a Ram mount for your handlebars and you are set.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-2009, 05:17 PM

Garmin 60csx. Get a RAM mount

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids

post #4 of 7 Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 PM

I bought my dad a Garmin last Christmas. He's not exactly the most technology literate person but he still can do everything on it. Very simple to use, never had a problem with the maps or satellite connection or anything like that. I like to put it in my back back when I ride to check out what I had been doing. Tells the top speed and all that stuff. Pretty neat.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

ok garmin it is, with a ram mount... thanks for the help!!
post #6 of 7 Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Garmin E Trex has been with me for a few years now and still working great through the mud, class 4 rapids (in a creek at Royal Blue after it had been raining for days on end). That wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done but you live and hopefully learn. Anyway good product and not expensive, I think I'm going to try the Oregon out. Its a little pricey.

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
post #7 of 7 Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 PM

I have the Garmin 76S, waterproof the mapping feature is nice. The only thing I have found is when using AA batteries it shuts down from vibration, using the 12V power cord remedied that. I think you can pick them up pretty cheap on E-Bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode