why / - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-25-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
why /

why did Honda only build the 700xx for two years ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-25-2015, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
2008 and 2009 may have been the best years for sport ATV's. Had 450 racers from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris and KTM. Then you had the Raptor 700, KFX700, TRX700XX, Outlaw 525S/IRS,

There are 2 reasons that the market for sport ATV market went to hell. The recession. (young people couldn't get a loan or didn't have a job to purchase a new ATV). And the creation of the RZR800.

I believe that if the 700XX had come out in 2006 it would have sold better and maybe would still be available today.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #3 of 9 Old 05-25-2015, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't know about the RZR800......The only people riding them around here drive them slower than grandma......I will keep my quad if that's all people do with side by sides.

I wish they would come out with a newer version of the 700xx...I love mine, but it needs a few things. Spent all day yestarday trail riding it like I stole it.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2015, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
It's my opinion that the recession had the biggest impact on 700XX sales. No credit available = no sales. Largest demographic for purchasing sport quads are younger and need a loan to buy a toy and that killed it for Honda. Sad, because it would have been nice if they had been able to sustain the model and make improvements like the Raptors.

2008 TRX700XX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UNI, DG nerf bars.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2015, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Honda's bad timing: introducing a new sport quad months before the recession.

My friend just picked one up and it is an extrememly capable and innovative machine that could have become a beast if Honda had given it a chance. Instead they let circumstances and bad timing dictate the cancellation of a great quad in exchange for 7 more years of "bold new graphics" on their existing warmed-over 90's technology.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-28-2015, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
If you notice the recent ads for ATVs, they all feature their company's UTVs and they rarely feature any "sport" ATVs. Most of the companies are pushing their 4x4 toys. Why? My opinion is that they see that market as an increasing base for their brand. Here on the west coast "sport" ATVs were a big seller... Now all the dealerships are full of 4x4s. On the west coast, we have plenty of places for "sport" machines to shine but very few places for 4x4s to really shine... No deep mud for example. We have desert and sand dunes... are you really going to try to take a big dune on a 4x4?

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #7 of 9 Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Polaris has pretty much admitted that, unless it contains the letters RZR, they don't care about the sport market. Other companies have taken the similar tone. Personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring an entire segment, especially one that is a gateway to future purchases.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

post #8 of 9 Old 05-28-2015, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yeah, the big 4x4's are the hot sellers now. I remember my cousin trying to trade in his sport quad last year for a 4x4 quad and the dealer wouldn't take it, cause"They would not be a to resell it".
post #9 of 9 Old 05-31-2015, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Agreed on the 4x4 comments, especially the side-by-sides. Simply put, the profit margins are much higher per unit sold for the big 4x4s than the sport quads.

2008 TRX700XX

UNI, DG nerf bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode