Riding 2 people - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-18-2015, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Riding 2 people

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and was planning on picking up a 700xx within a week or so. My only big question is if you can ride another person around on it with you. I know what you wanna say, "It's a quad, you should ride alone". But as far as for taking some trails slow and easy, is it possible? I want to be able to cruise around with my girlfriend on the back, but I dont want it to kill the fun of the bike either. Or hurt it. I'm an experienced rider with quads and can manage the clutch enough to pull more than my own weight. Just ruling out that option for yall.

Lets say I'm about 220lbs and she's about 120lb.

I just wanted to get yalls input and see if anyone else rides around with someone on the back occasionally.

This will NOT be an all the time thing. At all. I just want to know, if push comes to shove, and I have to let her ride with me, is it possible?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
The xx has a recommended weight capacity of around 250lbs I do believe But I have buddies with raptors that haul the gf around on the back and they seem alright for smaller rides. Maybe just adjust your shocks to be as stiff as possible and it shouldn't be a big deal I wouldn't think. Plus it's a Honda so it can take it.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I wouldn't think twice about it...it should do just fine.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Your 700xx should handle 2 people just fine, HOWEVER, in many areas riding double is illegal... unless the quad was made for 2 from the factory.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Yeah, that's a good point. I was just at an area where that was the case and you could hear how angry the people were because they thought they could ride double. It looked pretty legit but because it was an aftermarket seat rest thing, they weren't allowed.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I,ve ridden 2 up many times, off road, and 80 mph in the outside lane on a motorway in the uk ! (i just love seeing the look of shock on the car drivers face as you go flying by )
Pulling away needs to be delicate as very light on the front, and cornering needs a lot more care as steering gets much heavier and the quad rolls a lot more..
Off road with stock suspension it just rides fine .. and you get so much more grip in the muddy stuff with the extra weight !
The rear of the seat has a logo saying no passengers, and not to be ridden on paved surfaces, but within the EU this is all totally legal !
If your stupid enough you can wear just shorts, t-shirt and no lid on the road ???
I would guess the weight limit is to allow for a very large person giving it some off road.. Go over the weight but ride more gentle and i really cant see any problem.. Its all about common sense..
post #7 of 7 Old 06-19-2015, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
As a (general) rule, sport quads are not made for two people. This is why people that want to ride double usually opt for a big fat utility machine. That is not to say that it can't be done.

You can of course ride two people on the TRX700. You can also forget how much power this machine has and the fact that it has IRS which can be unpredictable with the added weight not being distributed correctly during cornering (Body English) and roll it causing you and/or your passenger to either be thrown headlong into a tree, or a rock, or a river, or another rider. Maybe even pinned under the machines 500 lbs.

Not to be snarky, but I have seen too many halfwits try to ride their sport quads with a passenger as they do when riding solo only to see it end badly.

If you are cautious and are aware of your own riding capabilities as well as the machine you are operating you should be fine.

Last edited by Amerikanzero; 06-19-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode