First Ride on the T-Rex - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Ride on the T-Rex

Power is way more then I expected, but easy to control with the throttle. Didn't scare myself at all, but when sticking about 3/4 throttle (no full throttle yet) you better have it pointed in the right direction. Very fast revving motor. The transmission is top notch. Shifts really easy.

Handling is way different then I thought it would be. I experienced some front end push in corners at first, but transfering my weight to where my helmet was over the bars, and leaning to the inside of the turn completly eliminated the front end push and, for lack of a better term, made it handle like it was on rails. I just can't get over how good this thing handles.

The ride is really smooth. Flying down the powerlines was really easy. Nothing disrupts the handling. Stuff I normally hit with my Kaw 700 Prairie that I stand and prepare to control the bike, was as if it wasn't there on the T-Rex. Really really smooth. If I had to knock it in any way i'd have to say the seat is pretty firm, but nothing I cant live with.

This thing has exceeded my expectations. Not one bit of buyers remorse. Theres going to be a learning curve, but I think it will go fast because it is so smooth and easy to ride.

Paul B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-12-2009, 04:14 PM

The negative crap this bike gets on the handling and slow are from retards. There is a learning curve and anybody that has come off a Ute will have no problem with it. Everyone that yaps about it has had a 5 minute ride on it and never gave it a chance. I've shut up quite a few sporty guys with the performance of the XX/

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids
post #3 of 5 Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 PM

definitely a great machine. Glad you like it too Paul!!!

2008 700xx - Pro Armor bumper, ITP T9 rims, ITP XCT tires, 13T Front sprocket

post #4 of 5 Old 12-21-2009, 03:54 PM

Out in New England, I havent found many trails for the quads that arnt rough and rugged. I beat the crap out of my bud on his '09 700R and this poor guy on a 660 though he was hot stuff (messing with buds little bro on his trx250) I but him in his place with a quick lap... he was hitting everything on the trail and I went over everything. Its hard to ride fast when you hit every tree stump... HAHA!!

Love the bike out here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'08 700XX
Power:
EHS bullet box (Thanks Eric!)
EHS air box lid (Thanks Eric!)
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Flex bars 14* 31" Quad racer
Bling:
Honda Racing MX front bumper
White and black body work from maier
IMS fuel tank
Red Silicon radiator hoses
Gripper seat
post #5 of 5 Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM

i caught alot of crap from my buddy who owns a 06 450r with exhaust and carb work.i agreed to race him because i knew i would get better traction than him.so it happened just that way, i killed him. so then he wants to try on asphalt......same result he got left behind. after riding some trails and dunesyesterday. i see where the sra bike would have beat me to death. i think this bike was a perfect choice for me.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode