1Likes
  • 1 Post By jj69

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
long gone

after owning 7-8 atv`s of diff. sizes and brands, over a period of about 28 yrs., (one would run well over 90m.p.h., most in the 70m.p.h. range)I can honestly say the 700xx is the biggest bastard of them all. no wonder they only made it 2 yrs! definitely not the fastest, harder to drive up ramps than any I`ve ever owned, most jerky low speed in forward and reverse, lots of torque but motor still easily killed when needed most at low speed, especially loading w/ ramps in a pick up! 13 tooth sprocket helped a bunch, but the bike still sucked. got rid of it and made a few $ on it. I`M OUTA HERE, good day and god bless !!-------bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Sorry you feel that way... BUT, I disagree. The 13t made all the difference in the world when it came to loading and other low speed stuff. I have a 2007 Chevy 2500 with the 8' bed (rather high) and loading up the ramps was rather a pain until I put the 13t on... then no problem at all.
With a high truck bed (not 4wd) with 7' ramps made for rather a steep angle... no problem with a 13t. There are reasons why people here like the 700xx so much, it's just sad you didn't find them.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Last edited by roadkill; 08-25-2015 at 01:06 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Wow I loaded mine up with short ramps with the truck facing up hill the day I bought it with no problems and all stock.
Never dreamed it an issue lol.
Fucker likes to be revved, no doubt.

Rox Anti-vib risers
Flexx bars
Cycra Hand Guards
ODI grips
Elka shocks

post #4 of 7 Old 08-25-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to jj69
i love mine so much i bought it twice.
If you are ramp-tarded then you should just use a trailer or load from a ditch.
These quads walk up a ramp perfect. I've got a super light set of aluminum ramps and have never even spit one out.

If you don't now what you want for a quad then maybe the xx isnt for you. I wanted a sport quad that could keep up with 4x4s in mud and 450's in sand. and I got just that. This quad fulfills me.
M_Quick likes this.

08 700xx
12 F150
post #5 of 7 Old 08-26-2015, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I own an Outlaw. My friend owns a 700xx. I like both. I have ridden his 700xx and would have to say it does not lack power. With a bigger sway bar it handles every bit as good as my Outlaw. Other than picking up the back end, I don't notice the weight. The shocks could be better and the reverse rev limiter could be higher, but those are the only things that really stood out to me. Otherwise, I'm impressed enough that I would consider adding a 700xx to my list of future quads. Personally, I think Honda really screwed up by not giving the 700xx the chance or attention it deserved. In their otherwise tired and yawn-worthy product lines the 700xx was one of the most innovative and interesting atvs they produced in a long time. Now, unfortunately, Honda is cowering back into their lawyer-induced coma of boredom and it seems the only slogan that has cleared their legal department is "Honda: Ride Red (tape)". JMHO.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rkangel; 08-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-26-2015, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous bob View Post
after owning 7-8 atv`s of diff. sizes and brands, over a period of about 28 yrs., (one would run well over 90m.p.h., most in the 70m.p.h. range)I can honestly say the 700xx is the biggest bastard of them all. no wonder they only made it 2 yrs! definitely not the fastest, harder to drive up ramps than any I`ve ever owned, most jerky low speed in forward and reverse, lots of torque but motor still easily killed when needed most at low speed, especially loading w/ ramps in a pick up! 13 tooth sprocket helped a bunch, but the bike still sucked. got rid of it and made a few $ on it. I`M OUTA HERE, good day and god bless !!-------bob
Maybe you were just too old to really get everything out of it? c

But seriously, it seemed like you had issues with the bike from the beginning. Maybe your bike was a previously beaten POS or something but you didn't seem to have the same experiences as everyone else who loves it. You also seemed to be wasting your time doing some pretty pointless s**t rather than what's known to work well.

Nothing can please everyone I guess

so long!!

Last edited by Jmm24; 08-26-2015 at 01:07 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-29-2015, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that Bob. I bought my 700xx in late 2013 and wish I had gotten one new in 08. Great machine, Honda needs to bring it back in a bad way. I have never had a more versatile bike before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode