Boots - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-06-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boots

I am looking for a pair of boots to wear for riding next season. In the past I have always just worn my Redwing Loggers. But I understand the extra ankle protection, etc as I always wear my race boots on my GSXR. Anyway, I wont be racing my quads. Just mostly woods riding, trials and gravel pits. Nothing too crazy. Was just checking out the new FOX Comp 5 boots. They look nice. I have always worn Alpinestars gear on my street bikes, but never had any Fox stuff.

Anyone have these or maybe give me some feedback on what you wear and like? I usually wear an 11 in Nikes, Alpinestars gear is usually right on with that size. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM

i love my fox comp five boots they are a good general riding boot and are comfortable too. and for the price there hard to beat ive looked at some tec 7 or 8 astars but couldnt justify spending that money

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #3 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 AM

I wear my 8" Carhartts or an insulated waterproof boot. Nerfs and spirited trail riding dont require much more than that. JMO. 8

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900

post #4 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bduncan1231 View Post
Nerfs and spirited trail riding dont require much more than that. JMO. 8
Totally agree. Quads have built in protection and therefor require different protective clothing. I use THOR 50/50's (shorties), they give enough ankle support and if I want some shin protection then I use THOR shin & knee guards. I love these boots; they provide enough support and protection but I can walk with them as if they were hiking boots.

Comfort equals energy.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post
Totally agree. Quads have built in protection and therefor require different protective clothing. I use THOR 50/50's (shorties), they give enough ankle support and if I want some shin protection then I use THOR shin & knee guards. I love these boots; they provide enough support and protection but I can walk with them as if they were hiking boots.

Comfort equals energy.
Are full length MX boots hard to walk around in? I was lookling at the Fox Comp 5 Shortys, they offer good ankle protection but arent full height.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah MX boots are by design stiffer in the ankle/shin area and therefor harder to walk in. They do this because on a bike you often stickyour foot out while cornering making you suseptable to ankle and knee injuries.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Ahh ok, but not so much on these ATVs, at least i wouldnt hope
post #8 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Yeah, putting the foot down is asking for the quad to eat it, run up your leg, pull you under it and spit you out the back. LOL

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
post #9 of 17 Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 PM

we had once you get use to them there not bad to walk in better than snowboard boots in my opinion. we had a guy a while back that ran over and broke his foot lost his job and had to sell his xx. we dont want that happening anymore!!!

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #10 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 AM

I've never had a "formal" riding boot, either. I was actually looking at getting a pair of MSR VX1 ATVs. I did a lot of research on them and they are supposed to be a really comfortable and quality boot. I've used MSR gear in the past and have never been disappointed. Can't beat the price, either.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode