What do you think? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think ALL new vehicles should be factory equipped with ignition interlocks?
Yes 5 23.81%
No 16 76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
What do you think?

I think that ALL new vehicles sold in the U.S. should be factory equipped
with some sort of ignition interlock to prevent someone who has alcohol in their system from even starting their vehicle. Right now, a court can require such a device as a result of a DUI. IMO, I think it's be better to take steps to prevent someone from driving under the influence in the first place... rather than reacting AFTER.

Some of you may be thinking that this doesn't affect me, I don't drive with alcohol in MY system. OR... Would add cost to a new vehicle. My answer: You don't have to actually be the driver that's under the influence to be affected... You could be the person they hit... or your kids could be. As for cost... So what? What is a life worth?

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
idk, i like the idea but i saw a guy blow in one and it took all he had, kinda a pain in the ass every time you start the car.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #3 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I don't want to pay for it and don't want it in my cars... It would just drive the cost of a new vehicle up, and people who would need them would just get a non drinker to blow in it for them....like some do now when people have been caught DUI in such a equipped vehicle.JMHO

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq

post #4 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM

idk either... rappy's right. there are some who have it now, and all they do is have someone else blow in it... it would just bump up the cost, without realistically doing anything... yea there are those who are honest and could really be beneficial, but then there's like x20 who aren't...
post #5 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 05:09 PM

I see nothing wrong with having a few drinks and driving. I do it on a regular basis.

08 raptor 700
post #6 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I see nothing wrong with having a few drinks and driving. I do it on a regular basis.
well i dont know about that... wait a little, im sure you'll hear from a few members here
post #7 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM

No offense to the police but if they did that the state's and county's would lose a ton of money. That will never be a option until after they get there money first.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Sounds like government run moneymaker. I am 50 years old and know quite a few people my age that drink and drive been doing it for 30+ years. None of which have ever had an accident while under the influence, myself included. A few driinks doesn't make you an automatic hyway menace. It's like in Phoenix we have mantatory pool fences if you have children. But every year we have drownings. I grew up in Michigan it was only steps to the lake from my front door to miles and miles of lake. No one had a fence protecting you from the water. I never heard of any drownings. My point is you can make all the laws you want it won't protect you from the irresposible people in this world, just revenue for the government.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #9 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM

I think they should but people would get someone else to blow in it for them like a buddy of mine did with his.I'm sure it would keep alot of the drunk drivers off the road though.I think the buddy of mine had to pay 1500 to get it installed and so much a month...so it would drive the prices up sum .thank God I never killed anybody back when I used to drink

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
post #10 of 48 Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I hope you're joking.

Massive fail.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode