thought this was interesting.. (jersey riders) - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thought this was interesting.. (jersey riders)

January 18th, 2010
Let's face it. Unless you live in rural America and own a large tract of land, there is no place for all-terrain vehicles (ATV's). Here in New Jersey, with a population density of 1,134 people per square mile, ATV's are a fish out of water.
New Jersey's Assembly and Senate recently approved a bill which would regulate ATV's, while at the same time creating three parks for ATV's and dirtbikes. Governor Jon Corzine, whose last day in office is today, is expected to sign the bill into law as he packs up his belongings. If he doesn't give it his John Hancock, incoming Governor Christopher Christie no doubt will enact ATV laws in the near future.
New Jersey prohibits dirt bikes and ATV's from all public lands, which includes state parks, preserves, utility power lines, and roads. Unfortunately, many riders have thumbed their noses at the law and police regularly have cat and mouse pursuits of scofflaws. Many municipalities, including here in Middle Township, Cape May County where we live, have had to purchase ATV's and train officers to catch the illegal riders.
The new ATV regulations going into effect would require all owners to register their machine within six months. New vehicles have to be registered to take delivery. The cost will be $50, plus a $10 surcharge to help fund the three riding parks. The fine for getting caught without a registration will be $500. Since the ATV's and dirt bikes would now have license plates front and rear, police and the public should have no problem spotting unregistered vehicles.

There are 85 ATV and dirt bike dealers listed in New Jersey. There are 25,000 riders, according to estimates. Acquiring three riding parks will probably be difficult. They'll have to be located away from populations, wetlands, and water. Presumably, they'll locate one each in North Jersey, Central Jersey, and South Jersey. Hopefully, the 1.1 million acre Pinelands will be off-limits in the South.
The root of ATV problems can often be traced to condescending parents, who buy their kid a dirt bike or ATV even though there is nowhere to legally operate it. Soon a bunch of kids are tearing through private property, destroying gates and fences and rutting footpaths to the point that they are unwalkable. The ruts also hold water, making ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes. And then there are the idiots who chase deer and other wildlife. Irresponsible adults are as often to blame as teenagers for the many transgressions of riders.
That said, ATV's aren't all bad. In West Virginia, where we also own a log home on 19 acres, ATV's are permitted on any road that is not a "numbered highway". That makes zipping down to the neighbors for a cup of coffee as easy as hopping on your machine, which many have parked right outside the front door. But West Virginia has just 75 folks per square mile (6% of NJ) and plenty of families own 100-acre tracts. Riding in a National Forest, however, still results in confiscation of the ATV if caught.
Let's hope that New Jersey's new ATV laws put an end to the illegal trespassing that so many riders feel is their inherent right. This is a chance to legitimize their hobby.
- Mountain Man and City Girl
http://www.MountainManandCityGirl.com
The blogsite of Jewell Real Estate Agency, Wildwood Crest, NJ http://www.JewellRealEstateAgency.com

::As for my disclaimer to avoid the hatemail in my inbox tomorrow::
None of the above is my views or opinions was cut and pasted from a unrelated website to this one (club700xx.com)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Someone need to call THIS GUY:

(MTV's "The Situation" from the reality show Jersey Shore.)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 07:22 PM

WHOOOOAAAAA, thats not the REAL Jersey Shore, he has 6 pack abs and I have 30 pack ABS.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Thanks for getting the joke and not taking it the wrong way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM

I use to have a 6 pack now I got a keg

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty700xx View Post
I use to have a 6 pack now I got a keg
I'll raise your keg to my keg + a refridgerator totaling up to a kegerator.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #7 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 PM

Oh! on topic, it's good to hear that a state like NJ (limited in space compared to NY) is at least able to to get legislation to the Governors desk. I hope that they can get it signed and enacted.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode