Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

I have a prediction...

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Jmm24 
#1 ·
I think that Honda will stop making some of their lineup within a few years... they could stop making off road vehicles altogether. Why do I think this? Honda has a very diverse lineup... they make street cars and street bikes, ATVs, UTVs, SxSs, dirt bikes and they have a line of generators... This makes them spread too thin in any one area. I think we'll see them move towards concentrating on street vehicles. Yamaha and the other manufactures don't have this "problem". They have a much smaller lineup... allowing them to concentrate their efforts... In the case of Yamaha, concentrated on street bikes, dirt bikes, ATVs, UTVs, SxSs.

roadkill

P.S. I hope I'm wrong. It's OK to disagree with me or tell me I'm full of $h*t.

#2 ·
Myself...I can't see that happening, at least I hope not. Manufacture competition is good for all in the sport. But yami does make generators, snomo's as well.

#3 ·
Suzuki or Kawasaki would get out of powersports before Honda. Powersports is more than just the sport/race atv's.

Diversity is good to have in a company. The more products a company can offer a consumer the better.

If Honda wants to get back to selling sport ATV's then they need to release something new. Same thing goes for the Utility atvs as the Rincon has gone unchanged for many years and still lacks power steering.

#4 ·
If the market for a particular vehicle is declining then its only a matter of time before they stop producing as that makes economic sense!
The worlds largest motorcycle manufacturer, and some of the best bikes!
huge generator manufacturer with bomb proof engines that just seem to go on forever.
Marine engines, aero space and cars... All stable or growing sectors..

#5 · (Edited)
I think that Honda will stop making some of their lineup within a few years... they could stop making off road vehicles altogether.

roadkill

P.S. I hope I'm wrong. It's OK to disagree with me or tell me I'm full of $h*t.
They already have reduced there sport quad line up to the 250 and the 90. The last 400's and 450 were 2014. And we all know about the 700's. So I'd say your right about Honda reducing there line up, but hope your wrong about them stopping altogether. :coffee: http://www.atvrider.com/2017-honda450r-400x

#6 ·
They already have reduced there sport quad line up to the 250 and the 90. The last 400's and 450 were 2014. And we all know about the 700's. So I'd say your right about Honda reducing there line up, but hope your wrong about them stopping altogether. :coffee: 2017 Honda 450R/400X | ATV Rider
I hope I'm wrong as well, but one of the things which led me to this prediction is in your link... We all thought they'd bring back the 700xx but they didn't. I forgot to add that Honda also has gotten back into making F1 engines and Yamaha also makes musical instruments.

roadkill

#10 ·
Honda is known for their reliability, they would never give up that foothold. The thing is, ATVs aren't selling right now compared to a few years ago because the UTV sales are sky rocketing and the used atv market is flooded with good running atvs for substantially less than a new atv. Look for a full sport 1000cc utv from honda very soon. They aren't going anywhere, the market just isn't focused on atvs.

#17 ·
Look for a full sport 1000cc utv from honda very soon. They aren't going anywhere, the market just isn't focused on atvs.

Hope you are right. Their Rincon was outdated and boring before it came out. The laughable 686cc with less HP than most 400's should have been decommissioned years ago - well unless you own a farm.

#13 ·
Well looks like I stirred up a little bit of controversy... Good! This forum needed a bit of action.

roadkill

#15 ·
I think the SxSs and utility quads are selling well for Honda (and everyone else) so I doubt they will discontinue everything but it definetly looks like the Sport quads have gotten the permanent axe. I'd bet Yamaha is ready to call the quits on the YFZ and raptor soon too. It's been awhile since either have received a upgrade and you don't see too many new ones around.

Ive also heard that Honda was releasing a 1000cc sport SXS for 2017 BlakJak and possibly a 1000cc Rincon too. We'll have to wait and see but if Honda was ever going to set a foot in the game of high powered 4x4s, now would be the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.