buying a new xx need opinions - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question buying a new xx need opinions

I am a new member on this site and I live in phoenix,az i was turned towards the xx first because of the price, then I started to research on it and really got interested because of the features and overall style of it. I currently own a dirtbike honda crf450r and have encountered problems with the valves. anyone that has owned a 450 prob. knows what im talking about. the valve clearance needs to be reshimmed every 10-20 hours do to the titanium intake valves stretching I havent looked far enough into the 700 to see what kind ff valvetrain the have but i would like to get a firsthand view from everyone that owns the 700 to see if there has been any problems with the valves needing to be reshimmed the 700 being a bigger engine than the 450 I would hope that honda did something to the valvetrain to prevent any problems from occuring. I read on a few other sights that there were a few catistrophic engine failures but it appeared that it was from lack of maintenance and just reving the engine to high and too long (not being experienced with engines) sorry i wrote a novel for all of you to read but let me know if there have been issues. thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 06:48 PM

So far mine's been great and I don't think anybody here has had that problem.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #3 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfm2010 View Post
So far mine's been great and I don't think anybody here has had that problem.

Bingo.

Ditto here.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I"ll second that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ditto!

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #6 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 08:00 PM

Don't have a lot of time on mine yet, but i can tell you will love the HONDA 700xx!
post #7 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Thats all i needed to hear!! i will let everyone know my experience with my new 700xx after make the purchase. thanks
post #8 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 PM

It's a great machine. Just adjust the valves every 100 or so hours and it will be fine.

TRX700xx - FMF 4.1 Complete, FMF Tuner, UNI Filter, DG GNCC up front, AC Six Pack out back, Motion Pro, Trail Tech Bars and Clamps, Trail Tech Stealth Vapor, Maxxis Razor II on Black ITP T9' Front - Go Fast - Don't Look Back.

2008 TRX700xx X 2
1998 - XR600r Yosh pipe, XR's Only Suspension, Hardend Rockers, Big Valves,...
2003 Excursion V10 (Pull Toy)
2003 Warlock 28SXT Cat, 540ci Merlin III (650hp), Merc Bravo 1,...
post #9 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 PM

just rode royal blue yesterday here in tn. Got seperated from my group and to make a long story short, wound up riding about 6 miles back to camp on pavement. Being by my self and having about 20hrs on my quad so far, i decided to open it up a bit and stretch those valves out before i open it up to check them. First i just wanna say to my suprise that i have owned street bikes that didnt handle this well on pavement (WOW!!!) I just leaned in and never let off throttle in the curves, also i never hit the rev limiter either and i tried, this thing is wickedly fast. The only thing was the temp light did briefly come on but man i was pushing it very hard, anyway after all this i will get around to the valves and report back...

08 Honda 700xx (4800.00 OTD) 08 popo RZR (14000.00 and counting) Live to ride!!!!
post #10 of 11 Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 PM

[quote=desertdog;25117]I am a new member on this site and I live in phoenix,az i was turned towards the xx first because of the price, then I started to research on it and really got interested because of the features and overall style of it. I currently own a dirtbike honda crf450r and have encountered problems with the valves. anyone that has owned a 450 prob. knows what im talking about. the valve clearance needs to be reshimmed every 10-20 hours do to the titanium intake valves stretching I havent looked far enough into the 700 to see what kind ff valvetrain the have but i would like to get a firsthand view from everyone that owns the 700 to see if there has been any problems with the valves needing to be reshimmed the 700 being a bigger engine than the 450 I would hope that honda did something to the valvetrain to prevent any problems from occuring. I read on a few other sights that there were a few catistrophic engine failures but it appeared that it was from lack of maintenance and just reving the engine to high and too long (not being experienced with engines) sorry i wrote a novel for all of you to read but let me know if there have been issues. thanks guys.[/quote

I haven't heard of anyone having any valve issue's.

Get the XX you won't be sorry, steps right over all those big rocks out there. BTW I am in Phoenix if you want to check out one with some mods.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode