Guess what I picked up today! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guess what I picked up today!

Nothing new this time! I FINALLY got my quad back from my Honda dealer after its been there since 10/30/09!!!

The Original Problem:
Motor started knocking, i took it in for service. Once it was there they said I had ran it low on oil and that the engine was shot and needed to be rebuilt.

The Verdict:
Considering it was under warranty, I expected the entire bill to be covered. It was not leaking oil and I check the oil every time i ride it. It was my word against theirs and Honda America sides with the dealer. They originally offered to cover all the parts and I would be responsible for labor($750). That didn't fly too well with me. I talked to my attorney, she said they could be in violation of the "Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Act". The dealership originally was unwilling to work with me, so I called corp Honda America, filed a case, long story short with them, they read the regional service managers words to me word for word. As soon as I started talking technical to her about engines and how they work, and how oil can come out of them, she quickly shut me off and said "Mr. Swope, this is as good as its going to get." I then came back with "that's fine, i'll move forward with my attorney then". She quickly said, "that's fine, but our Good Will Offer is no longer offered."

So I called my dealer back and got a quote for the WHOLE thing - $2175.xx. Then called my attorney back and talked to her, they were ready to move forward. After a month, I finally got a call the quad was ready so I go up to talk to a manager in person - face to face about what I was about to do and if they wanted to change things, this was their shot. Ended up getting a hold to one of the owners and they "twisted Honda's arm" back into getting them to cover the parts and I was once again responsible for the labor portion but he would try to discount it as much as possible.

I ended up paying the $750 (a discounted rate evidently, even though thats what I was quoted at the first time) and they gave me a $100 gift card to spend there, but couldn't be spent on the repair itself. I'm tired of the whole deal. I'm glad i've got my quad back now and can atleast ride.

What they said was wrong with it and WHY:
They said, it wasn't leaking, it wasn't smoking... so where does the oil go?! They said out the crank case breather, because its a high performance 4 stroke, it blows oil out that way. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but i'll sure be keeping an eye on it. They were acting like one day of HARD riding, could blow enough oil out of the crank case breather to make the oil level THAT low. I really find that hard to believe but whatever... well maybe if they forgot to put the rings on the piston...

At home - safe in the garage...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

Last edited by 5W0P3; 02-06-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 PM

Awesome none the less!

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #3 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRaptor View Post
Awesome none the less!
Forgot to add their reasoning for why it happened in the first place. Check it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

post #4 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #5 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Welcome back!
Thank you... thank you... need to work on my post count more! haha

post #6 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
No, you need to ride more, now and post videos.

We need a video contest!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 09:45 PM

wow!... but hey, at least you have it back now
post #8 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Having her back is always a great feeling. Congrats

TRX700xx - FMF 4.1 Complete, FMF Tuner, UNI Filter, DG GNCC up front, AC Six Pack out back, Motion Pro, Trail Tech Bars and Clamps, Trail Tech Stealth Vapor, Maxxis Razor II on Black ITP T9' Front - Go Fast - Don't Look Back.

2008 TRX700xx X 2
1998 - XR600r Yosh pipe, XR's Only Suspension, Hardend Rockers, Big Valves,...
2003 Excursion V10 (Pull Toy)
2003 Warlock 28SXT Cat, 540ci Merlin III (650hp), Merc Bravo 1,...
post #9 of 10 Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Welcome back duder! VIDEOS!!!!!!

post #10 of 10 Old 02-07-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Yes More videos to come! Get ready guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode