LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Toyota dirt bike??

I thought this was interesting....
http://yotatech.com/f123/toyota-conc...rtbike-196321/

I wonder if the throttle will stick on their dirt bike as well. Will we see a Toyota ATV soon?

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It is a Yamaha dirt bike. If i remember right, Joe Gibbs racing built it as a "show" bike. Since Joe Gibbs has a supercross team and the Nascar teams are sponsored by Toyota, this project came about.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i dont get it why there betting up toyota so badly about that. yeah 12 ppl had died in the last 4 months but when the wheels started falling of dodge trucks 120 ppl died. my cusine had a broken neck cause her ram 1500 left front wheel fell right off and it when end over end 2 times.(she was ok after a month in the hospital).....and the 12 ppl must be dumb cause all u have to do is 1. turn the car off or 2.put it in nutrual....the trottle on my old polaris 700 sportsman got suck once when i took a hard left turn my first reaction was to hit the kill swich.....

post #4 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They are beating up Toyota because it is so rare for them to have re-calls..The other big US makers are always having re-calls..Nothing new

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
post #5 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
They are beating up Toyota because it is so rare for them to have re-calls..The other big US makers are always having re-calls..Nothing new
Another thing is that Toyota has built their reputation on quality and they milk that for all that it's worth in their advertising... So for something like this to happen REALLY damages their reputation... more so than for other auto makers.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #6 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
exactly. didnt ford have some huge recall with the explorer and its tires or something a number of years ago?

both of my cars are 08' toyotas, neither of which are effected by the recall. however, this doesnt turn me away from their product in the slightest bit, even if i did have to take them in for repairs.

about the dirtbike, it looks nice even though its not a toyota product.
post #7 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
exactly. didnt ford have some huge recall with the explorer and its tires or something a number of years ago?

both of my cars are 08' toyotas, neither of which are effected by the recall. however, this doesnt turn me away from their product in the slightest bit, even if i did have to take them in for repairs.

about the dirtbike, it looks nice even though its not a toyota product.
I tend to agree. Toyota will recover from this. I know that some of you might be thinking that I can't have it both ways. On one hand like Toyotas in general and then bash their Prius while bashing hybrids in general and also bash them for their recall. My answer... sure you can. Bashing big business is one thing that we do and do well.

roadkill

R. Waters

post #8 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I think that Toyota as a whole is better than any other car manufacturer as a whole. I just wish Toyota sold diesel trucks here.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 PM

look up what toyota does with there monies. large contributor to the ACLU and Rainbow Push. 2 causes that i feel are distroying America. F Toyota I would not drive one if you gave it to me!

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #10 of 52 Old 02-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phucknutz View Post
look up what toyota does with there monies. large contributor to the ACLU and Rainbow Push. 2 causes that i feel are distroying America. F Toyota I would not drive one if you gave it to me!

Are you prejudice or just don't know what all the ACLU & Rainbow Push is involved in? Again..... As a race team member that is sponsored... You should stay away from vocalizing strong opinions on matter's like these unless this is something the entire team agrees on and would like known. No one says you can't have your own opinion but there are criteria you should consider when you have sponsors.

Exactly what is it about ACLU and Rainbow Push you do not like? Equal rights? Did you know they fight for everyone's "equal rights"? Just for there involvement in trying to stop the government from snooping in america's phone data bases I support them.

http://www.rainbowpush.org/PHP/detai....php?recid=809

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode