Did you know.... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Did you know....

That the gas you put in your car at the Arco station or any other brand probably was NOT actually refined by Arco?

Gasoline comes from all the different refineries are the same no matter what brand. Federal law sets minimum standards for gas and the different companies meet these standards, but have no reason to exceed them and actually give you better gas.

The reason for this is in the way gas is delivered to stations from the refineries... by pipeline to distribution centers (local) and then into trucks to the station. A refinery may put in 100,000 barrels at one end of the pipeline and draw out 100,000 barrels at the other end 1000 miles away AT THE SAME TIME... They do not have to wait for that particular 100,000 barrels to actually travel the 1000 miles in order to draw from the pipeline 1000 miles away. Many companies put product into the pipeline and that's why it all has to meet minimum standards... Arco may draw out their "credit" from gas that was actually refined by BP. The difference is gas brands comes from that brand's additives and they are not blended into the raw gas stocks until the gas gets to their own distribution centers where their own tanker trucks are loaded before going to your local station. The gas at a different station is not different... just the additives.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Last edited by roadkill; 02-15-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Long story short, Yes. When you purchase gas at different stations the only difference is your purchasing there special "blend". Some do have to pass certain criteria before it is sold to them though, Your cheapo depot gas may pass a legal standard but your Exxon etc will usually have to pass higher criteria.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Last edited by smo0oth1; 02-15-2010 at 06:25 PM.
post #3 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 PM

I can Pass Gas!

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series

post #4 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Where's the pipeline , I'll bring my drill !

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yep. This is why...awe fuk it...I can't think of anything funny.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Yep. This is why...awe fuk it...I can't think of anything funny.
You should really seek help for this Scuzz, Post whoring isn't contagious is it?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #7 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
You should really seek help for this Scuzz, Post whoring isn't contagious is it?
OK, so you gotta understand, lemme paint you a picture:

I'm 800 miles from my wife and kids. In a fukin 5th wheel that I have to let the water run tonight so it doesn't freeze. I'm (roadkill, don't read this part) 1/2 through 750 ml of crown and there is SQUAT on television. I'm in a goofy mood and wanna have fun.

So, there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM

Do you have an iPhone?

post #9 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Do you have an iPhone?
No, I'm inundated with blackberries. I have a personal one and a work one. Corporate banking frown on iPhone.

post #10 of 20 Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 PM

Ahh, We could have played games together lol. Below is the picture I painted in my head of your boredom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode