Headphones for when riding - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Headphones for when riding

Now before you guys start throwing the "it's dangerous to ride with headphones... bla bla bla" this is for guys who like to ride with tunes son please don't lecture, everyone knows the risks.

So I just wanted to share a good find on earbuds to use with a helmet, they are the Skullcandy Asym earbuds. They have angled speakers so they are really low profile and will not feel like the helmet is pushing them into your ear canal, sound is awesome and they have in line volume control. You canfind them for around $30 in fleabay.

Here is the link:
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/asym-black-red-micd.html

Any other good ones that you have found out there?

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I wouldn't think it's dangerous to ride with headphones, There are exceptions but generally speaking I don't see the harm. There are allot of great deals on earbuds that come up on midnightbox.com

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
I hope Nash04 or de700 see this post. de700 bought us wireless headsets to talk to one another but it can work off your bluetooth in ipod or phone. Nash04 said it works good.

dumb question but you have an armband for your ipod like I use at the gym? I was always getting the cord stuck on the machines so I keep the armband under my shirt and run the earbuds up. cant picture how else you use it while riding.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!

post #4 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

I normally use it in my pants pocket inside a ziploc (when wearing Shift recon over the boot pants) or in my handlebar storage bag but most of the time un my Hydrapak as it has a compartment for it. Just have to plan my playlist well as I cannot change songs without taking the ipod out just yet (looking at options for this).

Do you mean the chatterbox dagirl?

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #5 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I listen to my Ipod sometimes when I ride alone. I think the headphones I use are sony's, not positive though. They are very similar to the headphones that come with the ipod, just better quality. I have to have something that does not stick out past my ears because if they do, I can not get my helmet on. The other thing I like about them is they have a volume control where the one wire splits into two. That way I can turn the volume down when I shut the motor off, as I can not reach my ipod to turn it down untill I take my camelback off since I keep the Ipod in my camelback.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #6 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
honestly don't know I haven't seen him to get it. Told Joe to check out the thread he used it already when they went to the pit.

ok he text me :

whistler bt3300 model

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!

Last edited by dagirl71; 02-18-2010 at 03:47 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 03:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegs0
i alwasy ride with headphone but ill only use one ear piece n have jus loud enough to hear so when we stop to bull shit im not yelling lol n i can still hear whats goin on
post #8 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This model Whistler BT3300 is used for intercom between 2 or 3 bikes and you can also listen to your ITouch or cell phone via Bluetooth, works real good and the earphones are very slim and they velcro to the inside of the ear piece inside the helmet so you don't even know they are there. When you are riding, you can hear pretty good until you are over 40 mph and you can talk to each other as long as you are within 300' and if you do get disconnected, once the signal is within distance, it comes back. Pretty good system, bought it at CycleGear while they were on sale.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #9 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 05:41 PM

I too use skully candy and love them i i do want to get something wireless and that we can talk on

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #10 of 16 Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah let Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" come on through your headphones and tell me no ones going to get hurt!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode