Range? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Range?

So I searched the threads and didn't really find alot on this. (and I do realize that this is subject to riding style) On average how far are the trail riders here comfortable going on a tank of fuel (regular or IMS tank) between fuel stops? I'm looking to take some longer trail rides this summer to mix it up...(trying to go north to south across UP MI and back)...but the last thing I want to do is run out of gas 10-30 miles away from anything. I am aware of the IMS tanks and PRM's prerunning rear tank. But what I am looking for is miles per tank/gallon estimates. Any help would be much appreciated....Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When I rode in Jackman Maine, did over 70 miles without a fill up and going an average of 45 mph. On our regular weekend trips we usually do about 45 miles + and when I fill up, it usually takes less then 2 gallons. Now when I did that 70 miles, had an extra 1.5 gas tank attach to my rear grab bar and used it on the way back.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 15 Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The last long run I had was at 68 miles on wide open fire roads and we were pegged in 4th and 5th for good portions of the roads. Got back to my truck and checked my tank at the end and was about 1/2 left.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 15 Old 02-26-2010, 01:22 PM

mine on the stock tank ran out (dry) on a 58 mile race. It dosn't help you much but you asked

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #5 of 15 Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I think we rode about 81 miles last summer in Hatfield McCoy trails, and mine took just about 2 gallons. I was running about 3rd gear most of the time in the middle RPMs.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 15 Old 02-26-2010, 03:34 PM

ive done a few 50-65mi races and have been fine on all of them.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #7 of 15 Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 AM

The wife and I have a loop that we do that is about 31 miles. It takes about a gallon of fuel to cover the distance. About half is sandwash (flatout 4th-5th) the other half rocky desert hills (technical 2nd-3rd).

TRX700xx - FMF 4.1 Complete, FMF Tuner, UNI Filter, DG GNCC up front, AC Six Pack out back, Motion Pro, Trail Tech Bars and Clamps, Trail Tech Stealth Vapor, Maxxis Razor II on Black ITP T9' Front - Go Fast - Don't Look Back.

2008 TRX700xx X 2
1998 - XR600r Yosh pipe, XR's Only Suspension, Hardend Rockers, Big Valves,...
2003 Excursion V10 (Pull Toy)
2003 Warlock 28SXT Cat, 540ci Merlin III (650hp), Merc Bravo 1,...
post #8 of 15 Old 02-27-2010, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did almost 40 miles one way at Hatfield McCoy, hit the gas station in Man and only needed 1.25 gallons to top it back off before heading back to Gilbert.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #9 of 15 Old 02-28-2010, 11:02 AM

Riding a mix of dirt roads and trails I get 100-110 miles (gps) before I hit reserve. Didn't change much when i added a pipe and fuel controller.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #10 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
So in case others of you are reading this with expectations, be careful as it varies a ton on your riding conditions. I was super confident that being my first ever ride on an atv that I would exceed what most on here get. Much to my chagrin at 36mi I ran out of gas on the first day I rode the beast. Day 2 at 38mi I had a little more left, but not enough to make 45mi even.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode